Cheapest notebook with built-in eSATA port at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cheapest notebook with built-in eSATA port

Has anyone identified what the cheapest notebook PC is with a dedicated built-in eSATA port (as opposed to using an add-on Expresscard solution)?
Steve Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

this is a pretty good brand, I think they and Asus make the best pc laptops.

Newegg.com - lenovo G530-444635U NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T4200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB Memory 160GB HDD 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner Intel GMA 4500M - Laptops / Notebooks
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Major Player

The HP DV5 series has eSata, ExpressCard, SDHC, Firewire, USB and HDMI. Cheap too.
Old August 27th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #4
New Boot

I tried to copy my EX1 Bvap files into an external hard drive using an Asus net book. It worked well and fast but when I went to view the clips either on the external drive or the sd cards or sxs cards. They were extremely jumpy. My dream is to buy one of these mini computers for filed transfer and checking but if the footage is jumpy forget about it. Anyone having any luck with these small systems?
Bob Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hayes View Post
I tried to copy my EX1 Bvap files into an external hard drive using an Asus net book. It worked well and fast but when I went to view the clips either on the external drive or the sd cards or sxs cards. They were extremely jumpy. My dream is to buy one of these mini computers for filed transfer and checking but if the footage is jumpy forget about it. Anyone having any luck with these small systems?
Yeah, netbooks are pretty thin on CPU horsepower. They're great for Facebook and email, but probably not so much for realtime decoding (or encoding for that matter).
Brooks Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds