error in EX XDCAM clip browser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Major Player

error in EX XDCAM clip browser

I have a original EX1 mp4 clip that I can PLAY in the browser preview window BUT I can't import it to Vegas or open in any other player or convert to any file or copy/paste. It shows error in all aplications. I also tried to shortne the file by seting new markers but I can't save the file within new markers. What to do? I must recover that file. It plays OK in preview window - strange.
I copied the file back to Ex1; expanded the clip; added shot mark 1 on second expanded thumbnail and shot mark 2 at the end thumb and camera will not allow me to divide the clip??? I guess I follow all steps as described in manual but I can't divide the clip... it is inactive. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Marius Boruch; September 3rd, 2009 at 08:27 PM.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Does it play properly in the camera? If it does, try copying the clip to an SxS card in the other slot and see if the copy works better.

It's a shot in the dark, but hey, stranger things have happened. ;-)
Brooks Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:48 PM   #3
Major Player

I has a fraction of a second audio noise but video plays OK - ONLY in camera and EX XDCAM Clip Browser Preview window! other players and aplications crash showing file error. I MUST recove that wedding file. Please help.
Copy to SDHC card didn't help; I was hoping to split the clip and delete begining "noisy" part but I can't figure out how to do it (following the steps in manual).
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Did you copy it using the camera's copy function?
Brooks Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:26 AM   #5
Trustee

So the camera plays it correcty, could you "capture" the clip the old fashioned way onto your pc, just so you can do your edit with the clip, you could find out later what happened.

Paul.
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #6
Major Player

I can think of two options of what you can do to save this clip:

1)Try to convert it, using the clip browser to MXF file, and import it to your application (hopefully the clip browser does not crash during the conversion)

2)You can always play back the clip from the camera and use some HD-SDI recorder or HD component recorder to record the clip. You then have to re-capture the clip if it was recorded on tape. This might entail going to some production house and use their equipment for a few minutes, unless you do not already own such equipment. As long as the clip plays in the camera, nothing is lost.
Brian Cassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks for all your help. I managed to capture the clip via FireWire to my old Sony HC1 and then back to Vegas...BUT it was frustrating to find out that it could be played in EX XDCAM player and it couldn't be divided into two separate clips. Program showed me errors.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds