XDCAM EX and Snow Leopard what is your Workflow. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 15th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XDCAM EX and Snow Leopard what is your Workflow.

Well about everybody know Sony is not ready for Snow Leopard having only release SxS drivers but since XDCAM Transfer still got that ugly thumbnails cache bug under Snow Leopard do you manage to still use it or go to the Log and Transfer Apple way in FCP even if not a perfect Workflow but i dont know any other solutions at the moment.

Also is the XDCAM EX Clip Browser able to work well in Snow Leopard .... , i find myself lucky to have purchase my Mac Pro about 3 weeks before it would have come pre-loaded with Snow Leopard what you are doing if it is the case or have decide to live with the bug and install Snow Leopard anyway against Sony advice.

If i may add , this is a citation who could be applied to Apple , Sony , Panasonic and so many others company about supporting and developping products and support services and marketing also of course :

You’ve got to treat people right, treat them how you'd like to be treated yourself. Don't get so arrogant to think that people are going to keep coming back to you, and you can just do pretty much whatever you like.
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Somebody found XDCAM Transfer 2.51 work with Snow Leopard .... but not 2.10.

He even post a download link but i think you must read is finding first :

Re: Sony XDCAM Transfer and Snow Leopard : Sony EX Series XDCAM
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm using Snow Leopard, XDCAM EX Clip Browser 2.05.01 and the new Sony SXS driver and have no problems.

I insert SxS into the express card slot in my MBP, make copy of the footage via Clip Browser, and import that folder and log my footage using FCP Log and Transfer.

B

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds