BluRay from EX3-30p ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #16
Trustee

Michael, you have to turn on the Frames control in Compressor, otherwise you'll get the jagged lines.

I would recommend importing off your SxS card and then using XDCAM Transfer to convert to MOV files. Then bring the MOV files into Compressor and convert to MPEG-2. Don't forget to turn on Frames and to make sure DV Anamorphic is also checked (so your footage will display correctly on a 16:9 display.

Frames takes MUCH longer to compress, but it's worth it. Do a search if you need all the details, it's been discussed many times before.

I wish the DVInfo.net forums would allow you to attach Compressor "Settings" files. Then we could simply share the settings that have worked for us. (moderator are you listening?) :)
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #17
Inner Circle

If 1080p is not so important I have had great results shooting in 720p60.

The 60p really translates well to 60i for DVD.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #18
New Boot

I get working Blu-Ray's from 30p shot material from my EX1. Tested on set top's, PS3, and computer blu-ray readers. My workflow almost always ends up with a final uncompressed AVI render (29.97fps 1080p) output from After Effects CS4. When I import the AVI and transcode the footage to a blu-ray in Adobe Encore CS4, I just setup the transcode settings for 23.976fps 1080p spec and it does the pulldown for me. Never had a problem doing this yet.
Scott Nodine is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds