Shotgun Mic for Ex1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #31
Regular Crew

another happy cs-1 user. Bought a £5 cigar holder with an extending top which fits beautifully. Have had to boost the audio trim in the menu from the default quite considerably. Is that the case with others?
David Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:53 AM   #32
Trustee

Update on 416 and CS-1

I remain a great fan of the Sanken CS-1, but recently was lucky enough to work with a 416 toting Sound Recordist with enough down time to chew the fat and play with kit.

Whilst the CS-1 makes a great on-camera mic, I was really impressed with the 416 on a boom stand for its ability to cut down room tone (we were filming talking heads in nasty conference rooms). So much so, I've bought one and will now keep a boom mic stand in the tripod bag.
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #33
Major Player

Is it just me or do others have issues with thier Rode's not fitting in the holder? I tried to use my Rode on the weekend and have usually used it on a boom but this time i tried to put it in the onboard mic holder and it was too small. I didn't have time ot much around so gaffered it up (no movement for the camera so wobble wasn't an issue). I haven't looked at it since but am now wondering if it's missing a bot from the mic holder or if the Rode is just too skinny.
Damian Heffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #34
Major Player

Unfortunately there is no standard thickness for a shotgun mic. With both the CS-1 and AT-875R you need to use O-rings to make them fit the holder. Often they ship with them, however you should be able to go to your hardware store and see if you can find ones that fit. Sanken specifically sells after market O-rings for the CS-1 for about $20. You could try those and see if they work.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds