Tiffen T1 IR is available - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 20th, 2009, 04:28 AM   #106
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Wilson View Post
[Apologies if this shouldn't be posted - as far as I can tell, there are no UK sponsors at present]

Just spoke to Top Teks in the UK and they have had their first 4 T1 filters come in, and go straight out. More are on order. They are quoting £60 plus £6 postage plus VAT and will put your name down against future stock.

N
I ordered this from Top Teks about two weeks ago, it is being delivered today. Put your name on their pre-order list, they will ring you when it becomes available.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #107
Trustee

Just as I finished posting my previous reply, the courier delivered my Tiffen filter from Top Teks. It is the slim version with only the lens thread, but that is no problem as I do not intend to use extra filters.

I also received an extra battery BP-U60 from another supplier, I can't get over the price of this £192. In my opinion this is a downright rip-off, but unfortunately I need the battery for my assignment in Africa next month.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #108
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post

I also received an extra battery BP-U60 from another supplier, I can't get over the price of this £192. In my opinion this is a downright rip-off, but unfortunately I need the battery for my assignment in Africa next month.
Why didn't you get the swit battery ? It's about half the price, same capacity and has a D-tap outlet.

Paul.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:38 AM   #109
Trustee

From what I have read it is also about twice the size and the lead is for the EX1.
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #110
Trustee

No it's not twice the size, just a tiny bit bigger, the EX1 and EX3 swit battery is the same except that the EX3 version has a slightly longer lead.

Paul.
Old November 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #111
New Boot

Hello!

Who can show some footage filmed with the Tiffen T1?

Uwe
Uwe Boettcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #112
Major Player

I've had mine on order with Top-Teks for weeks. Got a phone call yesterday telling me they had one with my name on it. Just waiting for it to arrive (next day is always two days to the Isle of Man) plus the boats and flights were cancelled yesterday due to the Force Nine Gale winds and rain, we had :) so thats probably slowed things further.
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:00 AM   #113
Major Player

Hello All,
I have just completed a shoot and used the Tiffen IR filter and my black's on dinner suites are dark and rich and really stand out with the whites of the shirts. I am glad I purchased this filter as the event I have just covered they had black tablecloths. This is the coating that Sony should have included into the camera's ND filters and no one would have a problem.

I can really recommend this Filter it is a must have for EX1/3 owners
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM   #114
New Boot

Can we see it?
Uwe Boettcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:00 PM   #115
Major Player

Good news ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Librandi View Post
Hello All,
I have just completed a shoot and used the Tiffen IR filter and my black's on dinner suites are dark and rich and really stand out with the whites of the shirts. I am glad I purchased this filter as the event I have just covered they had black tablecloths. This is the coating that Sony should have included into the camera's ND filters and no one would have a problem.

I can really recommend this Filter it is a must have for EX1/3 owners
Thanks Lance ... I'm still waiting for an email stating mine is on it's way. I have no idea when it will be sent but ASAP is best. I recently shot a jazz performance and invariably the blacks looked brown.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:22 PM   #116
Major Player

Hi Dean,
A word of caution if you are using a matte box with the 4x4 version do not leave any another filter attached to the camera lens as you will suffer from secondary reflection onto the 4x4.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM   #117
Major Player

Didn't realize ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Librandi View Post
Hi Dean,
A word of caution if you are using a matte box with the 4x4 version do not leave any another filter attached to the camera lens as you will suffer from secondary reflection onto the 4x4.
the T1 has the same propensity as the 486?
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:49 PM   #118
Major Player

Just ordered a 4x5.65 T1 IR from Abel Cine - they have 19... er, 18... in stock. Can't wait to finally have this issue resolved!!
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #119
Major Player

Well, my Tiffen T1 IR Filter has just arrived, from Top-Teks! It has a thread front and back. However it fits perfectly under the lens hood. Did a couple of test shots on a shirt I know turned brown/red and it is now a deep rich black, just as you’d see with the naked eye! Brilliant!
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #120
Regular Crew

They seem to have stock at Filmtools. My 4x5.65 is shipping today.
Rick Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds