DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Tiffen T1 IR is available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/465838-tiffen-t1-ir-available.html)

Trevor Meeks November 24th, 2009 02:34 PM

dang, forgot to check with them! filmtools is my fave! oh well, abel was great to work with, mine should be shipping out today as well.

Paul Inglis November 25th, 2009 03:59 AM

Looks like they are beginning to ‘Filter’ through :)

Trevor Meeks November 25th, 2009 04:44 AM

Post edited - realized I ordered the wrong filter. Stevie with Abel Cine called me this morning and got it all resolved. Now that's what I call awesome service!

Thanks Stevie (and her informant!) for getting my dumb slip-up taken care of.

Adam Reuter November 25th, 2009 03:09 PM

Tiffen T1 IR Review

Here's my micro-review/footage of the Tiffen T1 IR filter. It contains video of before and after under outdoor overcast conditions.

Yay! My subject's nice black suits or dingy black shorts will no longer have a murky brown color! Thanks Tiffen! To best honest though the light loss does stink and I will more than likely take the filter off when shooting in low light. Stage lighting should be OK though.

With these results though, I say, "Sony you owe me $77.20!" I say we all set a date and mail out our bills to them so they get them 'ala the CBS peanut Fiasco.

Dave Morrison November 25th, 2009 05:49 PM

I'm sure you'll get your refund about the same time I get mine for the $200 Tiffen 486 I bought. ;-)

Adam Reuter November 25th, 2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Morrison (Post 1452341)
I'm sure you'll get your refund about the same time I get mine for the $200 Tiffen 486 I bought. ;-)

LOL...yeah I'm not really counting on it but it's more of a symbolic thing, haha.

Vincent Oliver November 26th, 2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Reuter (Post 1452277)
Here's my micro-review/footage of the Tiffen T1 IR filter.

I will more than likely take the filter off when shooting in low light. Stage lighting should be OK though.

I shot a stage production before the filter was available, the black costumes all turned brown, had to go back the next day and shoot it all again on my Canon XH A1.

I spoke to Sony UK about this problem, and they were unaware or in denial that there was a problem. In other words the cost of putting this right would be too much. Besides, the increase in red saturation is a feature of this camera, having blacks that turn to brown is an added bonus.

Nick Wilson November 26th, 2009 11:30 AM

Sony UK are not unaware of the red problem. I reported it to Prime Support as a fault and was sent a pdf of the Tiffen T1 white paper. Sony themselves said that no fix was possible, so Prime Support could not do anything.

Dean Harrington November 27th, 2009 04:04 PM

Still waiting ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Inglis (Post 1452042)
Looks like they are beginning to ‘Filter’ through :)

Not a peep out of Abel Cine about delivery of the T1 IR filter. I sent two reminders to give me a delivery date and await an answer. I guess my week-wait will be several weeks ... could use this filter ... YESTERDAY !!!

Paul Inglis November 28th, 2009 03:17 AM

Hi Dean,

Not heard a thing from Abel Cine. No acknowledgement whatsoever. In the end got one from Top Teks in the UK.

Trevor Meeks November 28th, 2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington (Post 1453020)
Not a peep out of Abel Cine about delivery of the T1 IR filter. I sent two reminders to give me a delivery date and await an answer. I guess my week-wait will be several weeks ... could use this filter ... YESTERDAY !!!

Dean, have you called them? You really should call their NY office and ask for Stevie - she was a huge help with my order. I know you're in tokyo, but SkypeOut is cheap!

Best of luck.

Dean Harrington November 28th, 2009 05:28 PM

will call ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Meeks (Post 1453165)
Dean, have you called them? You really should call their NY office and ask for Stevie - she was a huge help with my order. I know you're in tokyo, but SkypeOut is cheap!

Best of luck.

I will give Stevie a call ... my tuesday will be her Monday. Skype out ... the best means of contact ... apart from being there.

Ed Kukla November 28th, 2009 06:19 PM

filter for the W/A

I own the Fuji custom W/ A lens for the EX-3. So far, no plans on making a screw on for that lens. Only 4X5, and my matte box doesn't work on the W/A.

anyone with a Fuji W/A for the EX-3, please contact Tiffen and request they make a screw on for this lens.

Dean Harrington December 1st, 2009 05:54 PM

received a note ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington (Post 1453345)
I will give Stevie a call ... my tuesday will be her Monday. Skype out ... the best means of contact ... apart from being there.

Stieve sent me a missive that says she'll let me know when stock comes in and can be shipped. I guess they still don't have stock of the 77mm lens.

Rick Jones December 1st, 2009 10:38 PM

Filmtools still has these in stock! No need to wait on Able or B&H. I just got another one in the mail today.