Tiffen T1 IR is available - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #121
Major Player

dang, forgot to check with them! filmtools is my fave! oh well, abel was great to work with, mine should be shipping out today as well.
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:59 AM   #122
Major Player

Looks like they are beginning to ‘Filter’ through :)

Last edited by Paul Inglis; November 25th, 2009 at 04:46 AM.
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:44 AM   #123
Major Player

Post edited - realized I ordered the wrong filter. Stevie with Abel Cine called me this morning and got it all resolved. Now that's what I call awesome service!

Thanks Stevie (and her informant!) for getting my dumb slip-up taken care of.

Last edited by Trevor Meeks; November 25th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #124
Major Player

Tiffen T1 IR Review

Here's my micro-review/footage of the Tiffen T1 IR filter. It contains video of before and after under outdoor overcast conditions.

Yay! My subject's nice black suits or dingy black shorts will no longer have a murky brown color! Thanks Tiffen! To best honest though the light loss does stink and I will more than likely take the filter off when shooting in low light. Stage lighting should be OK though.

With these results though, I say, "Sony you owe me $77.20!" I say we all set a date and mail out our bills to them so they get them 'ala the CBS peanut Fiasco.
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #125
Major Player

I'm sure you'll get your refund about the same time I get mine for the $200 Tiffen 486 I bought. ;-)
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #126
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morrison View Post
I'm sure you'll get your refund about the same time I get mine for the $200 Tiffen 486 I bought. ;-)
LOL...yeah I'm not really counting on it but it's more of a symbolic thing, haha.
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #127
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Reuter View Post
Here's my micro-review/footage of the Tiffen T1 IR filter.

I will more than likely take the filter off when shooting in low light. Stage lighting should be OK though.
I shot a stage production before the filter was available, the black costumes all turned brown, had to go back the next day and shoot it all again on my Canon XH A1.

I spoke to Sony UK about this problem, and they were unaware or in denial that there was a problem. In other words the cost of putting this right would be too much. Besides, the increase in red saturation is a feature of this camera, having blacks that turn to brown is an added bonus.
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #128
Major Player

Sony UK are not unaware of the red problem. I reported it to Prime Support as a fault and was sent a pdf of the Tiffen T1 white paper. Sony themselves said that no fix was possible, so Prime Support could not do anything.
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #129
Major Player

Still waiting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Inglis View Post
Looks like they are beginning to ‘Filter’ through :)
Not a peep out of Abel Cine about delivery of the T1 IR filter. I sent two reminders to give me a delivery date and await an answer. I guess my week-wait will be several weeks ... could use this filter ... YESTERDAY !!!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #130
Major Player

Hi Dean,

Not heard a thing from Abel Cine. No acknowledgement whatsoever. In the end got one from Top Teks in the UK.
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:00 AM   #131
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
Not a peep out of Abel Cine about delivery of the T1 IR filter. I sent two reminders to give me a delivery date and await an answer. I guess my week-wait will be several weeks ... could use this filter ... YESTERDAY !!!
Dean, have you called them? You really should call their NY office and ask for Stevie - she was a huge help with my order. I know you're in tokyo, but SkypeOut is cheap!

Best of luck.
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #132
Major Player

will call ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Meeks View Post
Dean, have you called them? You really should call their NY office and ask for Stevie - she was a huge help with my order. I know you're in tokyo, but SkypeOut is cheap!

Best of luck.
I will give Stevie a call ... my tuesday will be her Monday. Skype out ... the best means of contact ... apart from being there.
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #133
Major Player

filter for the W/A

I own the Fuji custom W/ A lens for the EX-3. So far, no plans on making a screw on for that lens. Only 4X5, and my matte box doesn't work on the W/A.

anyone with a Fuji W/A for the EX-3, please contact Tiffen and request they make a screw on for this lens.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:54 PM   #134
Major Player

received a note ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
I will give Stevie a call ... my tuesday will be her Monday. Skype out ... the best means of contact ... apart from being there.
Stieve sent me a missive that says she'll let me know when stock comes in and can be shipped. I guess they still don't have stock of the 77mm lens.
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:38 PM   #135
Regular Crew

Filmtools still has these in stock! No need to wait on Able or B&H. I just got another one in the mail today.
Rick Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds