Tiffen T1 IR is available - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM   #136
Major Player

just checked ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
I will give Stevie a call ... my tuesday will be her Monday. Skype out ... the best means of contact ... apart from being there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
Filmtools still has these in stock! No need to wait on Able or B&H. I just got another one in the mail today.
filmtools lists the filter as out of stock?
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:12 AM   #137
Regular Crew

on backorder at B&H also
John Harbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:42 AM   #138
Trustee

Got an email from Tiffen Au two days ago to say stock had arrived and mine had shipped. Indeed it did arrive today.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:04 AM   #139
Major Player

Just got my 77mm filter here in Wales. Trying to work out what the front thread is as it is not 77mm and so my format matte box will not fit.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:04 AM   #140
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
filmtools lists the filter as out of stock?
I have a feeling the T1-IR filters will disappear quicker than a pizza at a weightwatchers convention...

just sayin'
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM   #141
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Rawlings View Post
Just got my 77mm filter here in Wales. Trying to work out what the front thread is as it is not 77mm and so my format matte box will not fit.
Bruce,

Can you confirm this? If the front filter is in fact NOT 77mm, I'm hosed... I mean, I asked TWICE, and then again, when ordering mine from Abel Cine. My problem is that using a matte box most of the time, I was originally thinking about the 4x5.65" version of the T1. This proved to be horribly expensive so I changed my order to the 77mm screw-on, planning to screw my Letus and/or matte box to it... They BOTH require 77mm outer filter thread! I still am waiting for my Order, but now I'm scared that I made a wrong decision.

Andy of Abel - please comment!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:15 AM   #142
Major Player

Hi Piotr,

I have a Tiffen 77mm T1 IR Filter that has a thread front and back. They both are 77mm and it fits under the original lens hood too!

In the first instance I struggled to screw in another filter but once I had it goes in and out with ease. I now have my matte box adaptor ring on it.
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM   #143
Trustee

From what I can gather, there are two versions available, a slim filter and a normal size. I have the slim version without a front thread, no problem I do not have a Letus or Matt Box either and would not require extra filter in front of the T1 filter.

You can adapt an existing double threaded filter and drop in the Tiffen filter, I think Steve Shovlar did this.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM   #144
Major Player

I posted these questions in another thread by mistake, so please excuse the wasted bandwidth:

I'm still planning to get a T1 but I have a question for those who have received them already. Are you leaving the filter in place all the time? How much light loss is there with the filter in place? Is there any color shift with this filter (prior to WB'ing)?
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM   #145
Major Player

Hi Dave,

To answer your questions;

1. I leave my filter on all the time now
2. There is a 1/3 stop loss
3. Colour shifting – It fixes the far red contamination and everything looks good
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:15 PM   #146
Major Player

My T-1 77mm filter screws onto the front of the standard lens and has clearance for the stock lens hood.

There are threads on the outside of the filter to accomodate my 77mm to series 9 adapter ring that I use to mount my matte box.

Everything works fine.

I plan on leaving my T-1 on all the time. That way everything will match all the time and no getting caught without the filter on at the wrong time.

Now I have to figure out hwat to do with my Fuji W/A lens.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:22 PM   #147
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post
From what I can gather, there are two versions available, a slim filter and a normal size.
There is also a slim version with a thread on the front. Mine measures just over 3mm.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM   #148
Major Player

Piotr, will check the filter thread later this evening. I have 77 to 82 converter ring for my Format matte box. Will spend a little more time to check things out.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:39 PM   #149
Regular Crew

Can someone post a comparison test, T1 and tifen B + W 486? Thanks
Docea Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM   #150
Major Player

Sorry to scare anyone about filter front thread size. It is 77mm I was trying to put on Format 82mm! doh!
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds