PMW 350 sample clips from Alister Chapman at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 29th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

PMW 350 sample clips from Alister Chapman

Download it as a 306MB Zip file: http://media.dvinfo.net/media/xdcame...d-350-demo.zip

Many thanks to Alister Chapman for allowing DV Info Net to host this file. It's thirty
seconds at 35Mbps. More details on Alister's site at XPMW-350 XDCAM EX sample footage.
We'll most likely move this to the XDCAM EX sample clips gallery in a few days.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Trustee

I can't wait to download and watch this. I've got my preordrer in already, don't know the price yet.

Alister, have you gotten a chance to evaluate the revised kit lens, as you indicated the one you tested didn't meet production specs. Question I would wonder about, is it going to be economized? The still grabs you already posted were very good, would hate to see them not be as good as the pre-production version.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I got the impression that the lens I had did not meet the full specs so the replacement should be better. I have not seen it yet. I'm on the road doing presentations at the moment.
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Trustee

The video looks clean. My clip browser wasn't able to convert it to mxf, so I didn't get to see how it would look on the 50 inch 1080p plasma, although VLC was able to play the mp4 on my computer screen.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #5
Trustee

Downloading now.
I'll say It again, I can't wait for this camera to be on my shoulder, I have been waiting for Sony to release this. I wonder what roll out date is here in Australia.

Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

4 channel audio

Hi Alister
Just wondering about the four channel audio stated in the specs for the 350. I notice there are only two audio inputs on the sony site at the rear of the camera. Is it possible to record four radio mics to four seperate channels?
Sorry if I seem a bit ignorant but I've only used Z1's and old digibetas. I am hanging to upgrade to the EX world, if that one big client comes through.....
cheers
Phill Pendleton
Phill Pendleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:18 PM   #7
Wrangler

Phill,

That is correct. You can record 4 channels simultaneously. The rear of the new PMW-350 is nearly identical to the rear of the original disc based 350.

The front mic is stereo and plugs in through a 5 pin XLR plug. If you want to record separate mics into the front, you buy or make one of the dual 3 pin to 5 pin XLR pigtails. You could also record both channels in front, a mic (or line level mixer feed) to the rear XLR, and a wireless in the wireless mic slot. Lots of options there for you.

regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:42 AM   #8
Regular Crew

4 Channel Audio

Hi Greg
Thanks for the info. Seems like the 350 is a fantastic bit of kit.
cheers
Phill Pendleton
Phill Pendleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Thanks for posting Chris and Alister thanks for the clip.

Tom I am also on pre-order at Able and look forward to shooting with the 350/nano.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds