XDCAM Transfer 2.11 for Snow Leopard Now Available. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Goyette View Post
New version of XDCAM Transfer 2.11 is now posted [...] You may also go to this link and scroll to the last items at the bottom :

http://esupport.sony.ca/esupport/eSupportHome.asp
Sony's site isn't working for me. Getting 403 errors. Looks like they're having some technical hosting funkiness. :-/

I just bought a 13" MBP and will need to be able to dump material from an EX1 in the field next week! :-p Does anyone have the installer available?
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Sony is aware of this bug in their new website system so they inform me to use this link :

Sony of Canada E-support
Old November 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Goyette View Post
Sony is aware of this bug in their new website system so they inform me to use this link :

Sony of Canada E-support
Wonderful! Thank you Daniel! Downloading them right now. I was worried for a bit. I'm travelling to Baltimore and DC for some shoots for my documentary (being Canadian yourself, you may be interested: A Past, Denied). I just bought this MacBook Pro in order to be able to dump the card contents from the camera op's EX1 and didn't really know there were some issues concerning Snow Leopard (my Mac Pro is still using Leopard right now.)
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #19
Major Player

Would someone mind clarifying this for me? After reading this post, I've downloaded these two newly-released apps (I have an EX-1, and a MacBook Pro, by the way, and I use both Avid and FCP to edit):

- XDCAM Transfer for Final Cut Pro PDZK-P1 V2.11
and
- XDCAM EX Clip Browser v2.60

The thing I find confusing is that the XDCAM Transfer app already in my Applications folder is marked as version 2.5.1.
I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm not sure what it is. Any advice would be appreciated.
Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #20
Major Player

I checked and indeed mine was 2.10. INstalled 2.11 and presto all fixed.

The original one I donwloaded was something like that 2.5 version. Then I got the 2.10 version from the Sony site. They seem to label the zip file or downloadable file as something different depending on where you download it from but when expanded the installer certainly says XDCAM transfer 2.11.
Damian Heffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #21
Regular Crew

So, is it completely safe for me to upgrade to Snow Leopard. I have 15" MacBook Pro with Express Card Slot. OK with both CB and Transfer? So the 6 months wait for Sony apps are no longer?
Sverker Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sverker Hahn View Post
So, is it completely safe for me to upgrade to Snow Leopard. I have 15" MacBook Pro with Express Card Slot. OK with both CB and Transfer? So the 6 months wait for Sony apps are no longer?
I'm running a 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 with express card slot, Snow Leopard and the latest XDCAM transfer and Clip Browser and it's all now working perfectly :) Couldn't be happier.
Damian Heffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Sooo good!
Thanks, Damian.
Sverker Hahn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds