2 part shoulder brace for Stronger EX1 plate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 28th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Sponsor: Westside AV

2 part shoulder brace for Stronger EX1 plate

I am now working on a shoulder brace that does not need the counter weight to balance.
I will be making the counter weight version as well.

The idea of this setup is you don't need the to lug any extra weight, but the camera balances and is comfortable on your shoulder for an extended period of time.

It will be adjustable left and right (pivoting yaw) forward and back and for the size of your shoulder. I intend to have this work in conjunction with the NanoFlash bracket and wireless receivers. And any other items people suggest.

The rig is very light and you can remove the "chest bracket" separately so the camera sits flat on the ground or a table. The whole rig will also snap onto your tripod and it comes off quickly to put in your run bag.

I am getting my EX1R next week as well as a NanoFlash so I will be able to finalize the design.

Photos below show only a work in progress, final rig will be all black and much more refined.

If anyone is interested in trying a preproduction model contact me.

If you have any thoughts please comment here or contact me:
olof@westsideav.com

You can order the plate and standard wing here, we ship orders the same day received:
EX1 Stronger Plates
Attached Thumbnails
2 part shoulder brace for Stronger EX1 plate-_mg_5337.jpg   2 part shoulder brace for Stronger EX1 plate-_mg_5339.jpg  

2 part shoulder brace for Stronger EX1 plate-_mg_5341.jpg  
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Olof this looks great. I have been very happy with my stronger EX1 bottom plate you built. And the Nano mount you built that is directly behind the camera works great while in the helicopter.

The shoulder mount options interest me, and being able to have both Nano and two wireless receivers on the unit is appealing. Will this be able to connect to my existing bottom plate?

Keep up the great work Olof.
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Sponsor: Westside AV

Hi Paul,

Yes I will make sure your plate can use the new shoulder mount. All customers that have bought my plate and wing will be able to use the new shoulder mount. Even if I have to swap out the wing and baseplate.

When do you get your 350?
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Inner Circle

That is great I will go for the shoulder brace.

I am first on the Pre-Order list at Abel. They said on 1 Dec the retail and time frame will be announced. Right now I am expecting late Dec on the early end and late Jan on the very late end. Either way I will come up and we can look at options.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds