E-error + restore media error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

E-error + restore media error

OK ...yesterday during filming a series of interviews and exactly when I press the Rec review button, my camera (EX3) doesnīt respond to the review clip command and then an E + some code appears briefly on the display followed my a restore media prompt (and the tally lamp begins to flash).

The camera wasn't recording when I press the Rec review button... in fact it was on "stby" for a moment (we were taking a "rest") when I decide to check my last clip recorded .....

What I did next, was turning off the camera, eject the media (MXR with 16 gig sandisk ultra), load it again, accept the restore media prompt that appears when I turn on the camera, and followed by a status bar working, all my clips were restored without a problem.... I just continue recording until almost filling the card (the problem happens maybe at half card) without any subsequent errors...

Today I backup all my clips without a problem on my system.... as I always do.....
I must say that I never have had a single problem with my MxR combos (almost a year with 2 of them) and as far as I can read this problems can occur as well with SxS original cards.... besides all my clips were fortunately recovered by the camera function itself....

- Any ideas about possible causes ?
- What about the E+code (donīt remember the code-numbers, it appears very fast and then prompts for media restore) ? ... I just read on the manual that I must contact Sony service ....

Any opinions from the experts would be greatly apreciated...

regards

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds