DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   SkullFilms Videoblog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/468649-skullfilms-videoblog.html)

Christofer Thelin November 30th, 2009 02:16 PM

SkullFilms Videoblog

Im doing a videoblog this winter from my shoots with the companies im working with for the moment.

This time it was Nitro Snowboards, and the kickoff of the swedish resort Tandådalen. Nitro was doning a board-testing weekend for the guest, a big jump competition and a screeningparty for this year snowboard movie "Swedish Smorgasboard"

I went run and gun style with EX1, the wireless mic system. The LX3 did all stills and the nightparty footage is from the Canon HF-S100 (since I cant bring a big ass camera around when I barley can stand by my self at the premiers ;)

Here it is..

Did most of the shots in 720/50p to be able to shot slowmotion with sound.. Did a small script for the mac to make the workflow abit faster since you have to convert the xdcam codec to prores to be able to work with slowmotion in a sufficient way. Also the intro is a timelaps of the 6 hour drive to the mountains.. 1f/15sec.

Joachim Hoge December 3rd, 2009 04:10 AM

Cool timelaps. Looking foreward to winter after seeing this.
Can you possible share your script for PRORES?
I would love for an easy way to do that

Christofer Thelin December 7th, 2009 03:39 AM

Videoblog#4 - Railjam Liseberg

I´ve just released part#4 of my videoblog. This time where heading over to the #2 turist attraction in Sweden. This was shot this weekend in the chrismas fare at Liseberg where 10 invited riders when head to head in the mini-jippo slope that was set up. The main price was 1000€ for the overall winner. In Bonus there were handing out 50€ for every time anyone did an outstanding trick.

Here it is:

Christofer Thelin December 7th, 2009 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joachim Hoge (Post 1455473)
Cool timelaps. Looking foreward to winter after seeing this.
Can you possible share your script for PRORES?
I would love for an easy way to do that

Basicly you just do a folder and name it like i.e "slowmotion"
Just Automator to record a scrip that make "slowmotion" into a hotfolder. Everything that you put there gets opened in Cinematools.

Then i bet you can automate so that Cinematool pushes the button "Conform" also but I Do that by hand.

My workflow looks like this.

In FCP
rightclick and choose export as Apple Pro Res HQ on whatever clip you want in slowmotion with sound. I Export that clip to a folder on my harddrive named "slowmotion"

Everything in that folder gets sent to Cinematools by default.

I click "conform" and 25,0 fps (as default) and voliá you get 50% slowmotion with sound.
(as I wrote above.. I bet you can Automate this to in an easy way but I didn´t have the time to develope anything fancy right now)

The biggest thing here is that you can then just import the clip to FCP again, drop it on the timeline and choose the speed you want with sound. BTW 200% gives you perfect "realtime" again

Christofer Thelin December 13th, 2009 11:52 AM

Part #5 of SkullFilms videoblog.

Part #5 is out. Shot segment from the newly renovated skatearea. Area 51 is a old fort built to help SKF (barings) withstand a comming war, their whole factory could be moved into the fort and in this way they would maintain production as usually. The war never came and today it is a great skatepark. Best of all is that you can drink (at least on fridays)

Here it is:

Christofer Thelin January 11th, 2010 03:43 PM

Videoblog#6 - Ulricehamn Session

Part #6 is out. First blog from 2010 with the snowboarders Mattias Nyberg and Jakob Edman. This is a short one where me and the boys head down south to the roots of the childhood slope. Straight from the bar to the slope.

Here it is:

Christofer Thelin January 19th, 2010 10:47 AM

Polygon MiniMonoRamp Session

The footage from the Polygon MiniMonoRamp Session held at Area51 last weekend.
Peoma stod as main sponsor for the event with co-sponsors Polygon skateboards, Dark Dog and Gotskate. Great event with happy faces and cold beers.

Head over to the shop!
peoma.com

Music.
Rancid - Fall back down

Winners. Enrico Petralia and Jerry Svensson