Transfer Camera Settings to Another Camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Transfer Camera Settings to Another Camera?

Doing a quick forum search and searching Google yielded me no answers.

I shoot a TV show using 3 EX1s. One of them are mine and 2 are rented from a friend of mine. Whenever we get his cameras the settings and picture profiles are of course always different. On my camera I have created a specific PP for this show. So, my question is whether or not there is a way to just upload camera and PP settings to an SxS card, pop it into another camera, sync, and go? It's not the end of the world if this isn't doable, but as we all know, stupid little things like this that save 5-10 minutes on set can really help out in the long run!

Last edited by Hiram Yates; December 6th, 2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Typo Repair!
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Look on page 125 of the manual....under "other".... look at "camera data".... store or recall,
this is what your looking for.

I started using it when my EX3 would come back from a rental and all the settings would be different. I store my data on a SDHC card and then recall the saved camera settings using this function. This also comes in handy when I do a 2 or 3 camera shoot as I have a "PP " that I like to use.

I hope this helps.....
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks so much, exactly what I need! And good thought on backing it up before rental - I will adopt that practice in a heartbeat!
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds