DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Anyone have used this Kata Bag for ex1? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/469229-anyone-have-used-kata-bag-ex1.html)

Giannis Pass December 10th, 2009 08:56 AM

Anyone have used this Kata Bag for ex1?

Hello,
i am a wedding videographer and i am looking to find a bag, for my ex1R.
I am looking to Kata Bags and specially to KT HB-207, KATA R-106 and KATA OMB-75.

Is anyone that have use any of this bags?

Thanks

Nick Wilson December 10th, 2009 09:50 AM

The HB 207 is good for the EX1, a couple of batteries, handful of SxS cards, a couple of G2 radiomics, phones, cleaning kit, polarising filter and an SLR. The only problems are that the pocket at the back is really awkward for my 15" MBP and, hanging a tripod off the side, the plastic fixing to take the top strap has failed.

Duncan Craig December 10th, 2009 12:28 PM

I'm just back from three days on manic filming in cities round the country. I had my EX1 radio mic, batts and 17'' MBP in my KATA 207. Very happy with it.

I have three different KATA bags I can use for the EX1. All have their strengths and uses. The accessories that came with the 207 are fantastic (rain cover, drawstring and zip up bags) and get moved between all my camera cases.

Andy Schocken December 10th, 2009 12:31 PM

I love the HB-207- great size for a run and gun ex1 production package. Only problem is that it won't fit under an airline seat, but it will fit into any standard overhead compartment.

Duncan Craig December 10th, 2009 12:38 PM

In fact here's some pics I've taken just for you!: Index of /KATA_207

You can fit a bit more stuff into the 207, but I was filming for an hour at a time while wearing the 207, so I travelled as light as possible.

Eric Savetsky December 10th, 2009 12:38 PM

I've got the HB-207 but haven't used it a ton yet. But so far its a great bag that easily fits an EX1 and a ton of accessories. The laptop compartment is very well protected. Its got lots of smaller compartments to keep stuff organized. Depending on your camcorder accessories, you can definitely fit a full sized DSLR camera and even a few lenses in the bag. The EX1 is also nicely protected due to the semi-hard shell bottom portion of the bag, and all the padding. I think its a great fit for that camera.

Greg Kiger December 12th, 2009 07:57 PM

I purchased and the returned a Kata that was sized for the EX1. Just was not at all impressed with the design. Got a 16x9 instead and really like it a lot.

good luck :)

Chad Johnson December 13th, 2009 10:51 PM

I got the OMB-75 and it's awesome. I need to carry my audio gear around, and the "One Man BAnd" bag has a lot lf room and lots of compartments. Here's a little video I made all about it, along with some other videos about the same bag. My video is the one with the gorilla:

How Do You Play With Your One Man Band Contest Winner Announced