DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Another Media Error problem with MxR & Transcend 16GB SDHGC Class 6 combo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/469753-another-media-error-problem-mxr-transcend-16gb-sdhgc-class-6-combo.html)

Marcus Durham January 7th, 2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Maler (Post 1468913)
Any reasons why it should or shouldn't work?

Yes it will work but, it's a USB device and as such will be quite slow. Painfully so I expect.

+ 32gb is nothing in scratch disk terms.

Michael Pruitt-Bruun January 7th, 2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Seeman (Post 1462756)
I'd suggest getting ATP ProMax. I'm not sure why MxR is selling it in combination with Transcend these days.

hey Craig, can i ask, why do you suggest the ATP cards? do you have reason to believe these will provide better results, or are you just suggesting that this is another avenue worth investigating?

i have never found any brand (of the 3 i've used), or any single card, to be completely reliable, though one "off-brand" that a producer supplied was noticeably worse than the others. so this has made me curious about the Hoodman cards, but that's really only because i haven't heard anything bad about them. unfortunately, for the longest time no one was really reporting any problems with the Transcends either, so an absence of negative reports hasn't proved indicative of problem-free recording. thus my question regarding the ATP cards....

thanks.

Marcus Durham January 7th, 2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Pruitt-Bruun (Post 1469075)
hey Craig, can i ask, why do you suggest the ATP cards? do you have reason to believe these will provide better results, or are you just suggesting that this is another avenue worth investigating?

i have never found any brand, or any single card, to be completely reliable, though one "off-brand" that a producer supplied was noticeably worse than the others. so this has made me curious about the Hoodman cards, but that's really only because i haven't heard anything bad about them. unfortunately, for the longest time no one was really reporting any problems with the Transcends either, so an absence of information hasn't proved indicative of problem-free recording. thus my question regarding the ATP cards....

thanks.

The ATP cards do seem to be reliable. I've been using them for about 4 months now with no problems. MxM also sell ATP cards via their site and an email from MxM published on this forum yesterday reveals the reason they chose ATP was because they've found them to be the most reliable combination with their adaptors. They claim reliability is on par with SxS.

MxM seem to suggest they have contacts at the ATP factory and, for now at least, the cards being produced are extremely consistent.

Michael Pruitt-Bruun January 7th, 2010 11:51 AM

thanks Marcus. good to know. i'll order a couple ATP's and see how i get on.

Marty Welk January 15th, 2010 08:09 AM

You might enjoy seeing this auction.
FAKE Transcend 32GB Class 6 Class6 SD-HC SDHC Card FAKE - eBay (item 330395207452 end time Jan-20-10 20:06:07 PST)
All my transcends i have messed with purchaced from newegg usually, have been as fast and reliable as real sandisks.
Isn't it rich,
isnt it real
dont you love farce
my fault i fear
send in the clones
there has to be clones
mabey next year
Send in the Clowns lyrics by Shirley Bassey - Filestube Lyrics