DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Problem with strobe lights to ex1r??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/469987-problem-strobe-lights-ex1r.html)

Giannis Pass December 24th, 2009 02:25 PM

Problem with strobe lights to ex1r???

Ex1 has a problem with the strobe lights and the flash lights of the photogarphers.
Now, sone has solved this problem with ex1r?

Thierry Humeau December 24th, 2009 03:08 PM

Flash bands are inherant to CMOS sensors when filming scenes with flashes or strobe lights. I don't think the EX1r does a better job at avoiding flash bands but version 2.6 of the XDCAM EX Clip Browser has a flash band removal tool that is pretty effective and easy to use.

Thierry.

Marty Welk December 24th, 2009 04:41 PM

1 year after i buy slow scanned cmoses, somone is going to come up with a cmos and processor to "fix" the speed of the scan and reset on the cmos, and obsolete my camera one more time :-(

the fixes that they have so far is reuse the good frame, and frame bump that part of the video.

what is the clip browsers fix?

Thierry Humeau December 24th, 2009 05:39 PM

It may take a bit longer than that to see CMOS sensors that are not affected by flashes, stobe lights or skewing effects but in any case, the flash band removal tool in the XDCAM EX Clip Browser works well. Just right click on any clip that may exibit flash bands in the browser window and select any of the three available options. These are:

- Detect
- Correct
- Detect and Correct

I am not sure how the flash band removal tool works in the Clip Browser but I assume that it merges sections of a good frame surrounding the frame to be corrected.

That said, for cameramen working in environments with a lots of flashes and/or strobe lights around, cameras with CMOS sensors may not be the best choice.

Thierry.

Thierry Humeau December 24th, 2009 06:00 PM

It may take a bit longer than that to see CMOS sensors that are not affected by flashes, stobe lights or skewing effects but in any case, the flash band removal tool in the XDCAM EX Clip Browser works well. Just right click on any clip that may exibit flash bands in the browser window and select any of the three available options. These are:

- Detect
- Correct
- Detect and Correct

I am not sure how the flash band removal tool works in the Clip Browser but I assume that it merges sections of a good frame surrounding the frame to be corrected.

That said, for cameramen working in environments with a lots of flashes and/or strobe lights around, cameras with CMOS sensors may not be the best choice.

Thierry.

Eugene J. Kulak December 25th, 2009 08:33 AM

I have been using version 2.6 and the flashband removal feature works fine, but only for interlaced video. I have never been able to remove flash bands for progressive video, but the user guide says that it "may not work" for progressive video so no surprises there.