LED Video Light for Sony PMW EX1 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 25th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Ash View Post
Hi Guys,
I'm interested in the Comer 1800. Can I purchase this within Australia or do I have to obtain this from the USA? If the purchase is from the USA what place do you guys recommend I place an order.

I use a the Sony HVL-LBP light which looks similar to the Comer and the Sony uses the NP-F970 battery which I hope is compatible with the Comer. Can anyone confirm that the NP-F970 battery will work with the Comer.

Cheers
Hi Simon,

Marek of MxM Express is your Australian reseller for both the Comer lights and the alternative EX1 batteries with tap output:

MxM Express LED Lights
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Do all Comers 1800 - when switched on with the knob - go into the max illumination mode for a split second, before they settle at the minimum? Only after what looks like testing the LEDs at full power, the dimmer can be adjusted according to the actual needs.

This is a strange behaviour...
Could someone confirm or deny, please?!!

This full power flash at switching on worries me (not to mention it's not welcome when I decide to add light without interrupting the shoot)...
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #48
Trustee

Thanks Piotr,

Will look into that.

Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:01 AM   #49
Major Player

Piotr,

My Comer 1800 also starts brighter for half a second then dims down when you turn it on.

Certainly wouldn't say it starts at full strength though, more like 25% of power hits in before it dims down.

As you say, it is for about half a second, and to be honest, even after about 100 weddings I've never noticed that before I checked it out for you.

Cheers,

Vaughan
Vaughan Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds