is it me..??? or have we been blindsided with price of SxS-1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

is it me..??? or have we been blindsided with price of SxS-1

Maybe l am not reading prices to well but initial prices for the new and supposedly cheaper SxS cards that have a shorter life span, in fact almost the same price. Who are the marketing people at Sony Head Office...they come up with a great concept to lure more EX users and lead us to believe that this is going to be so so great...then "wham" right in the kisser...lol
BH has them for $750 and the normal ' you beaut ones" (ok, that was very Australian) are
$844....
Come on Sony, are you guys for real...?????
I have seen the SxS - 1 cards a bit cheaper around the traps but drastic price difference...I think not..!!!
"Not a happy chappy'...cheers, Michael
Michael De Florio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Telecam Films

I beleive there is an error on the BH site (I emailed them a few days ago but have not got a response yet...). 32GB SXS-1 cards are available from major US media retailers for $589 which seems To be the right price when comparing to standard SXS cards.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:16 PM   #3
Vortex Media

Thierry is correct. It has to be a mistake.
I saw that card on the B&H website earlier with week for $589.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Still shows $750 on my computer, that is why I picked up 2 of the 8 gigs for $159

mb
Mark Bolding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds