Used EX1-r Value at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Used EX1-r Value

I am probably going to sell the EX1-r I just purchased last week from B&H. I am sick because B&H return policy states that anything with a timer must have under 120 mins. I know I have not used the camera 2 hours, but guess it counts ever second its on, so setting it up, learning the features etc. it shows on the Tally 2H.

This camera is just way more than I will ever use, I loved the idea of no tape, but since 98% of my income is made with photography, and most of that in the studio, I am going DSLR for my limited video needs.

I just have no clue how to price it. I have everything that came with it, blank warranty card included and was purchased around Dec 22 09.

Anyone care to help me figure what a fair price to ask is?
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Major Player

i would return it to B&H, it took me the first 2 hours to even figure out how to get the lens cap open :-)
i am on my 4th day of constant hands on, and havent even got through setting my profiles the way i want. I cant see how anyone can properly analise the camera in 2 hours, unless they already owned one of the other models Ex1-ex3.

Sure 120min on the counter, that isnt practical in any sence of understanding the faults and flaws and abilities of the camera, or the operators ability to functionally work with it.

B&H is a sony authorized dealer right? then they can give it back to sony :-) or they can Open box it , and charge you 10-15% for restocking, which is about a rental fee anyways.

talk to B&H first, thier Written policy is way to restrictive, but they are reasonable people, or they wouldnt have been in business for so long.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Welk View Post
B&H is a sony authorized dealer right? then they can give it back to sony :-) or they can Open box it , and charge you 10-15% for restocking, which is about a rental fee anyways.

talk to B&H first, thier Written policy is way to restrictive, but they are reasonable people, or they wouldnt have been in business for so long.
Thanks Marty, I will talk to them, before I pay the 15% restocking fee, may try and sell it. $945 restocking fee plus shipping, I may be able to sell it and take less of a loss. With it being less than 10 days old, I am hoping the will help me out.
I have many extras so if I sell it, will be a screaming deal for someone.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds