EX1r S+Q selection at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1r S+Q selection

When using the S+Q button to select this mode of operation, is it normal to have to confirm the change using the select button in association with the on-screen display that asks 'Change S+Q Setting, Off>On (or On>Off), Execute of Cancel'?

My first attempt at using this mode resulted with the on-screen display stating 'cannot proceed'; this was despite neither the SD, Frame, Interval or Cache Recording modes being on. Restoring the camera to the factory setting resolved this problem, but I now have the above on-screen confirmation being requested. There is no mention of this in the handbook and I am a little concerned that there may be a problem.

Geoff
Geoff Addis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Major Player

probably not a problem, so many ways it will not switch.
all the things you listed PLUS
wont switch while recording, OR while the final recording is being buffered out to the Memory.
wont switch while using the I-Link out to DV or HDV
wont switch if in multiframe shutter modes

Many changes in THAT cam seem to be trading up the processing power or chip or something for One thing at a time. complete mode switches are often asking for a Confirmation of thier setting [Execute] Yes dear , do it already. i have not found a way to stop the thing from asking, but i really doubt that the things it is asking about could magically just continue recording without stopping, so i didnt much care.
Old January 5th, 2010, 02:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Marty,

You were spot on. The reason that the 'cannot proceed' message came on was indeed due to the fact that the I-Link was on.

Thanks,

geoff
Geoff Addis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds