Vortex Media has video training for EX1R! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vortex Media has video training for EX1R!

I was looking at some stuff on the Vortex Media Web site, and there is a comprehensive training supplement to their EX1 DVD they offer for free pertaining to the new EX1R. I thought anyone interested in the new camera should check it out! I've read several posts about the differences between the EX1 and the EX1R -- but this video shows everything about the unique features and the form-factor that the EX1R offers.

I own the Vortex EX1 training DVD -- and it's a great companion to my cameras. Even though I don't yet have an EX1R, I enjoyed the Vortex update. And if I buy the EX1R at some point, the Vortex EX1 DVD now supports the new camera with the posted update.

Check out this link: Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training.

Vortex has updated their EX1 DVD with this new material to make their EX1 training disc good for BOTH cameras. It's nice to see a company go the distance to support their customer base and new camera models!

Ian
Ian Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Trustee

Doug has done an outstanding update video for the EX1R, and very timely as well since I just ordered one.
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Vortex Media

Hey Ian, you beat me to the unveiling. I guess nothing stays unnoticed for too long once it's online. I thank you and Robert for the nice comments.

Here's a direct link to Vimeo without going through Vortex Media's website.

Old January 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Major Player

thanks for the supplements!

greg
Greg Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Sponsor: Westside AV

Great job Doug.

Thank you. It is great that you made this available for everyone.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #6
Major Player

Doug, I want to thank you for bringing out this EX1R update.

The EX1R I'll be using should arrive next week, but I've already been viewing your EX1 video quite avidly and was getting concerned about what the variations might be between what you were showing me with the EX1 versus the features of the new model (EX1R).

I've been shooting JVC ProHD for the last 4 1/2 years and was really dreading the "learning curve" in switching over to XDCAM EX. But you've made it very smooth. A pleasure, in fact.

So thanks!
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:53 AM   #7
Major Player

Doug's EX1 DVD had me up and running within hours. Had a booking next day and so the DVD was paid for rather quickly! Same with Field Guide only have to look up one thing and the fact that you do not have to translate the manual's Sonyspeak into real life gives you confidence in the operation of the camera.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds