Patriot LX 32GB SDHC -Anyone Try it yet? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 27th, 2010, 04:43 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Durham View Post
A new 150x ATP 16gb has just popped through my door . I'm very much looking forward to testing this new card out as it promises much.
Hey Marcus, where did you get the ATP Cards ? They seem to be drying up here in the UK. The only well known supplier is now shipping Patriot cards with MxM adaptors.
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
Hey Marcus, where did you get the ATP Cards ? They seem to be drying up here in the UK. The only well known supplier is now shipping Patriot cards with MxM adaptors.
I have long given up on the UK suppliers. The one I was dealing with was happily selling Transcend cards with adaptors that caused me no end of problems.

I now only buy from MxM direct. And here's the beef, MxM shipped to me quicker than the UK supplier despite the package coming half way around the world. And the shipping was hardly any more expensive!

Yes you'll get stung for the customs charge but in the grand scheme of things that's a small price to pay for the confidence from buying direct from people who actually know their products.
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
I have long given up on the UK suppliers. The one I was dealing with was happily selling Transcend cards with adaptors that caused me no end of problems.

I now only buy from MxM direct. And here's the beef, MxM shipped to me quicker than the UK supplier despite the package coming half way around the world. And the shipping was hardly any more expensive!

Yes you'll get stung for the customs charge but in the grand scheme of things that's a small price to pay for the confidence from buying direct from people who actually know their products.
I was about to ask Marcus the same question :)
I see proactive are selling the ATP cards, did you try them?
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony McErlean View Post
I was about to ask Marcus the same question :)
I see proactive are selling the ATP cards, did you try them?
No. I wasn't even aware they were a UK stockist.

As I mentioned, I have a class 10 ATP sitting on my desk demanding to be tested, but I need to find the time to do it. While my Class 6 cards have been superb, Class 10 is a better option when they become widely available.

Last edited by Marcus Durham; May 27th, 2010 at 06:26 AM.
Marcus Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
No. I wasn't even aware they were a UK stockist.

As I mentioned, I have a class 10 ATP sitting on my desk demanding to be tested, but I need to find the time to do it. While my Class 6 cards have been superb, Class 10 better option when they become widely available.
Proactive are now selling class 10 cards, I'm trying to buy one as we speak.

Just ordered the ATP class 10 card with Proactive.

It says class 6 on the site but I was told that it will be a Class 10 that I'll be getting.

Last edited by Anthony McErlean; May 27th, 2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Update to post
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #21
Major Player

Are you sure they have got class 10 in stock Tony ? MxMexpress site says they will not have any class 10 in stock until early July!!!!!
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #22
Trustee

Now thats a good question colin, I didn't know that.

All I know is when I inquired about the ATP cards this morning they said let me check if we have any,
a few moments later that came back saying yes we have they are class 10 so i ordered one online.

Be interesting to see what arrives. I'll let you know in 2/3 days time.
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #23
Major Player

OK Tony.
Just got off the phone with Proactive. They have 16gb class 10 at the moment and will be getting 32gb class 10 in a month or so. Have ordered a 16gb class 10.
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #24
Trustee

So it might be a class 10 that I'm suppose to be getting.

Time will tell :)
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #25
Major Player

With all the discussion on here, rather than wait I setup an overcranking test in the corner of my office with the new Class 10 16gb ATP and a new MxM in my EX1 pointing at a looping video display to ensure the codec was being pushed.

Not totally scientific due to lack of time but basically I filled the card with a single clip at 50fps. No issues, no drama.

I've also now done the firmware upgrade which was straightforward, even if it did give me a heart in mouth moment.

I'll do a full write-up when I get time.
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #26
Trustee

Thanks Marcus.
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #27
Regular Crew

I got both 16GB & 32GB Patriot LX Series.
I run 15min over crank on the 16GB without any problem. Also I used this card for 2 events without any warning. However the 32GB card failed at about 2min into the over crank test so I returned 32GB card.
Tuy Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
OK Tony.
Just got off the phone with Proactive. They have 16gb class 10 at the moment and will be getting 32gb class 10 in a month or so. Have ordered a 16gb class 10.
OK, City Link rang the doorbell at 9.30 this morning, with a new MxM adaptor and ATP Promax 16gb Class 10 SDHC card. Yes it is class 10. Will do some performance tests later

Last edited by Colin Rowe; May 28th, 2010 at 07:26 AM.
Colin Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #29
Trustee

Quote:
OK, City Link rang the doorbell at 9.30 this morning, with a new MxM adaptor and ATP Promax 16gb Class 10 SDHC card. Yes it is class 10. Will do some performance tests later
Still waiting on mine, proactive rang me yesterday and said they thought they had two ATP cards left but hadn't, so I have to wait till next week.
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #30
Major Player

Just tested my ATP class 10 with MxM adaptor. Recorded to full, autoswitched to B slot, 16 gb Transcend MxR adaptor. Both recorded without problems. Switched to media and started to play back clips from ATP card. After between 10 and 15 seconds on each clip, got media restore warning, no option to restore showed. No problem with MxR and Transcend. Tried the ATP in slot B, got media restore warning. Transferred BPAV folder to PC, all the clips seem fine. Am going to reformat the cards and try again.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds