DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   MxR and e-LCR testing with EX1-R (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/471105-mxr-e-lcr-testing-ex1-r.html)

Ross Herewini January 15th, 2010 08:54 PM

MxR and e-LCR testing with EX1-R

Hi everyone,

We started testing our MxR and e-LCR Expresscard adapters in the EX1-R recently, and thought you might be interested in the results.

1. All the cards we tested worked with a wide range of memory types. All memory that worked in the EX1, worked fine in the EX1-R.

2. We completed testing with Sandisk Ultra 32GB and here are the results:

a. CrystalDiskMark 2.2 - Sequential write 11.75MB

b. EX1 performance - at 720 /25p able to sustain 38-40fps

c. EX1-R performance - at 1280 /25p able to sustain 60fps. 60!

3. Completed several runs from start to end of card, small and big clips, random deletes etc.
All pass.

4. Conclusion : Sandisk Ultra 32GB SDHC in MxR and e-LCR in EX1-R : PASS.

It now over-cranks to the same level as the SxS.

Greg Omelchuck January 16th, 2010 03:16 PM

correct sdhc

Before I buy the sandisk cards I wanted to make sure I am getting the correct ones for my expresscard and Ex1r.

3XSDSDRH032GA11 SanDisk 32GB Ultra Secure Digital High Capacity, SDHC, Memory Card, 15MB/Sec Read/Write Speed - Pack of 3

Are the Ultra cards with 15mbs the correct cards and the ones you tested?

thanks

Ross Herewini January 16th, 2010 09:58 PM

Hi Greg,

Yes they are the ones. Watch for other in the Sandisk range to be tested in the coming days.

Marcelo Lima January 17th, 2010 04:27 AM

Hello. I am about to receive my new EX3 by Sony this week... I am looking for adaptors like e-LCR and i would like to know about the sdhc card.. It has to be class 6 or class 4 is OK? I can record full HD video with is cards of the transfer rates cant handle with the amound of data per second?

What is the limitations? Thanks...

Ross Herewini January 17th, 2010 06:00 AM

Hi Marcelo,

Congratulations on buying the EX3. The Sony EX1, EX3, and just released EX1-R are wonderful cameras to use.

We have just completed some testing using an EX1, (NB not the EX1-R), which will behave exactly like your EX3, and found that:

1. Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class 4 was running average about 12MB/s

2. Transcend 32GB Class 6 was running at about 10.5MB/s

So the Class 4 Sandisk is faster than the Class 6 Transcend.

For now we would recommend the Sandisk Ultra 15MB/s 32GB card, from the commonly available memory.

We are also beginning our testing on Class 10 memory, now that the price is more reasonable, and I should have some results of that shortly.

Just recently a num complber of company's have released Class 10 memory.

Marcelo Lima January 17th, 2010 03:54 PM

Thank you Ross... Ok. If i buy Sandisk Ultra 16GB Class 4 i will able to record videos in 25 Mbits on EX3 or i will have to select the smaller quality preset to record on card?? There is a limitation?? Thanks.

By the way, all ex3 cams come with some SXS card?? (like 8GB?)

Michael B. McGee January 22nd, 2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross Herewini (Post 1473526)
...We are also beginning our testing on Class 10 memory, now that the price is more reasonable, and I should have some results of that shortly....

will you or have you tested the new Transcend 16GB Class 10 cards TS16GSDHC10? i'm looking to buy some of these or the Sandisk Extreme cards before the rebate offer expires at the end of January.

thanks.

Kelly Langerak January 22nd, 2010 04:10 PM

"It now over-cranks to the same level as the SxS."

Wow, so what slow motion looks good on these SD cards?

Are you guys still buying SxS cards? Especially you EX1r users?

This would be a huge factor in deciding on the EX1r over a used EX1

Michael B. McGee January 22nd, 2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Langerak (Post 1475890)
Are you guys still buying SxS cards? Especially you EX1r users?
This would be a huge factor in deciding on the EX1r over a used EX1

maybe, depending on how much 40 or even 48+fps over-cranking you do. i think new Sandisk 8GB SxS cards are still selling for $160 US. i'd hope there would be more significant reasons when considering a EX1R or a plain old EX1.

Zsolt Gordos January 22nd, 2010 06:24 PM

ATP 32Gb and 16Gb with MxM card overcranks same as SxS for me. I dont even bring along SxS for field work

Keith Moreau January 22nd, 2010 07:03 PM

Hi Everybody

I have a couple of the original MxR adapters, use them with early 16GB Transcends, no problem so far. Does anybody know if the SanDisk 32GB Ultra II 15 MB/s card referred to here will work with my early MxR? Or do I need to get the newest ones?

Thanks for any help!

-Keith

Marius Boruch January 22nd, 2010 10:45 PM

I got some ATP's from MxM and they work perfectly well!

Michael B. McGee January 22nd, 2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Moreau (Post 1475944)
Hi Everybody

I have a couple of the original MxR adapters, use them with early 16GB Transcends, no problem so far. Does anybody know if the SanDisk 32GB Ultra II 15 MB/s card referred to here will work with my early MxR? Or do I need to get the newest ones?

Thanks for any help!

-Keith

i think there's a Craig Seeman? on here who's verified that a 32GB Utra II Class 2 works with either an MxM or MxR adapter. i recall him saying the combo works at regular speeds, but i think your limited to 40fps or less. you might want to search "Sandisk 32GB Ultra II Class 2". i'm sure something he's posted will show up.

Keith Moreau January 23rd, 2010 02:51 AM

Well, Craig said in his post that he has good luck with the Ultra II Class 2, but he's heard that there are problems with the Ultra II Class 4, so I guess that's why I'm asking the 'experts' and the manufacturers of the MxR here. Maybe I should ask them directly.

Michael B. McGee January 23rd, 2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Moreau (Post 1475944)
Hi Everybody
...Does anybody know if...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Moreau (Post 1476066)
... so I guess that's why I'm asking the 'experts' and the manufacturers of the MxR here. Maybe I should ask them directly.

yeah, maybe you should ask directly or don't start off with "Hi Everyone" or "does anybody know if..."