SxS adaption Questions. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Major Player

SxS adaption Questions.

I have only tested a e-LCR myself, and have questions about the other adapters.

1) Does the door close on the camera with all the adapters you use?

2) If you slip the internal Stick that is in the adapter Out of the adapter, how many MM of movement will it go before it is no longer making a full connection?
I notice my LCR module is what i would call "barely connected" vrses how long the contact places are on the SDHC card itself. I am not complaining, just wondering what the contact "distance" is for each of the adapters

3) Is it easy or hard to "grab" the internal stick from your adapter? the LCR has a nice "thumbnail" slot on one side, but the grab line on the sdhc is on the other side.
Old February 8th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Bump
i really need to know about the MxM adapter, because of the HIGH (international) shipping costs.

the LCR one "works", and is much cheaper here in the states, but IF the MxM has better connection ability and easier removal it would be a better choice. then it shows having a locking tab too, so i donno.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Major Player

have you tried searching for your answer? there has been dozens if not hundreds of discussions on the MxM and MxR adapters.
Michael B. McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Major Player

i have spent hours reading about the adapters, which was great stuff, and that is how i got this far.
now i am down to the minor details, i have yet to see discussed.
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #5
Major Player

Notes:
"the E-LCR has a nice "thumbnail" slot on one side, but the grab line on the sdhc is on the other side. :-( "

I finnaly got around to bandsawing/dremmeling a thumbnail slot at the end of the card that matches the thumbnail slot that is on the other side of the SDHC card. that provides a thumbnail to actually get to the thumbnail slot ON the SDHC card.
after i created the second ) <--- resess on the end of the adapter , the adapter still works 100% and did not lose any structural strength, and now it is much easier to remove the card.
Also i made sure that any debris that might have entered the slot was cleared out with the compressor, a few taps on the table top and a view of its internals with a flashlight.

Although , , , the sdhc cards themselves that little ridge for grabbing with thumbnail is wearing , so i still have to be really carefull on any removal.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds