DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Interesting Picture: I am out of business... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/472423-interesting-picture-i-am-out-business.html)

James W. Graham February 11th, 2010 10:18 AM

There's also the mindset of the customer... a client shelling out several throusand dollars for a shoot, doesnt want to see anybody showing up with a camera looking like the one he used at his kids birthday party. In my experience, clients don't keep up with production technology, and hence if they are dishing out big bucks, they want to see a big cam.

I have a 7d, and the image is fabulous. But as somebody already mentioned, it doesnt have zebra, peaking, and those other features that i have come to rely on in a video camera.

Erik Phairas February 13th, 2010 12:05 PM

I'd like to have something with a monster sized image sensor just for extreme low light but other than that. I like me EX3 just fine.

Adam Stanislav February 15th, 2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Welk (Post 1483462)
what DSLR has a 3 chip system for color?

Mine does. :) The EX-3 with the Redrock 35 mm adapter.

Michael Maier February 15th, 2010 10:05 PM

Since it's a daylight shot, I'm wondering why a 1D instead of a 7D? Is it because it is more robust (if it is) or because the longer battery? because it's heavier than the 7D, which could be a disadvantage since the actor must hold i himself.
Because in terms of image quality the only advantage of the 1D is low light performance which doesn't count during a day shot.

Thanks.

Michael Maier February 17th, 2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 1482864)
There is for some reason a perception that the lower-end cameras have no place on sets that can afford the high-end; nothing could be farther from the truth. I've done a few days on NCIS:LA and saw that DP Victor Hammer (like many other TV DP's including Rodney Charters) is quite enamored of the possibilities of alternative imaging systems like the DSLRS and Flip-type cameras for multiple angles and specialty rigging where you couldn't get the primary cameras, on that show the Arri D21.

By the way, NCIS: LA is a Arri D21 show? I didn't know that. IMDB says Genesis but they have been wrong way too many times.
One thing I noticed on the show is that the skins are very pasty looking and things sometimes look almost out of focus and kind of hazy all the time as if they used a lot of smoke. It may be just the grading though.

Charles Papert February 18th, 2010 04:31 AM

Huh, now I'm questioning myself--I bounce back and forth between Genesis and D21 a lot these days, I might have gotten confused...

Michael Maier February 18th, 2010 05:27 AM

Nonetheless the show is good. I like it better than the original.