Sony PMW-350k at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony PMW-350k

Hi,

I am pretty interested in the PMW-350k camera with the nanoflash recorder but i can only find the airshow samples online.

Is there a good review with good samples somewhere?

I own 2 Ex1 Cameras which i love, but i would like to have less grain in the mid grey tones, more dynamic range, better low light, less dof, more detail in fine patterns like grass and more room for grading.

I am not shure if the 350k will give me all of this.

Maybe someone can give me some info on this.

Thanks,

Robert
Robert Eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Trustee

Those are exactly the benefits, all of them. The detail of the EX1 is very close, but there too the PMW350K is just a little bit more transparent, a little more effortless. The other differences are more pronounced, particularly dynamic range. That said, when you reach the performance level of the EX1, further improvements are marginal. Where it really starts to show is when the ambient light levels start to go down, the PMW is so noise free in the mid tones, the shadows. The colors with the PMW also seem a little more faithful. The differences are not large.

There are situational benefits to either cam. Size and portability of the EX1 gets you into some opportunities. The PMW being so good, does not diminish that the EX1 is also still very good in low light, in dynamic range, in detail, in dof. I would not advocate obsessing over these generally small differences. You will notice them but many others will not. The EX1 will not present a roadblock that can only be overcome by the PMW. Your talent will be the deciding factor.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds