XDCAM First Purchase ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Tom if you can wait till after NAB that is good to do but I don't think you will see something competing with the EX1r yet. Could eat my words.

Also renting for a few days or a week is alway worth the money.

Understand you must feel confident with your choice.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:49 AM   #17
Major Player

I would agree -- not likely that anything will compete with the EX1R. I have an SD302 I'm selling in the marketplace here on the forum that needs to sell first also to free up some cash for the purchase as well.

Just as an added question for anyone -- does the Discovery Network accept EXCAM HD from the EX1R as OK for broadcast with their network? This maybe should have been put on another thread but hope it's OK to throw the question in here.
Tom Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:59 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Yes Tom I have used my EX1 while shooting for Discovery programs. You should also look into the Convergent Design Nano if you have not already this way there will be no questions with color spacing and bit rate. The Nano bring the EX 4.2.0 line of cameras to the next level.

You can check out the forum on DVinfo here:
Convergent Design nanoFlash Forum at DVinfo.net

and their site here:
Convergent Design |
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #19
Major Player

Just ordered my EX1R today -- many thanks to Paul Cronin and Jim Stamos for their help and support!
Tom Robertson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds