Still having problems: "File Import Failure" in Adobe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 6th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Still having problems: "File Import Failure" in Adobe

Hi All,
I am still having problems transferring clips to Time Line or Project window of CS4 or PPro1.5. I could copy all clips from the Sony Clip Browser(SXS Memory Card Reader) to HardDrive(not C:\drive). But when I drag clips from Hard Drive to Project Window, it says "File Import Failure" and file format (.MP4)not supported. The file shows like this:

J:\test1\20100306210847\BPAV\CLPR\Test01\Test01.MP4

I really would appreciate if anyone could help me from the basics..I was trying this for the last 2weeks..I have uninstalled AdobeCS4 and installed PPro1.5. Still no difference.

My machine is a Dell 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2RAM, plenty of internal and external HDD spaces.

Hope some one out there might help me with step by step procedure to get it going...
I don't know what to do now..

Thx...Pushpa
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Contributor

I'm no Premiere expert but you will need CS4 version for native XDcam support and you use the media browser function to locate and import XDCam clips. You need to copy the whole file structure (including the folder above the BPAV folder). You cannot drag the .mp4 files directly AFAIK
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushpanatha de Silva View Post
Hi All,
I
J:\test1\20100306210847\BPAV\CLPR\Test01\Test01.MP4

I

Thx...Pushpa
So you would use the media browser to navigate to the folder labelled 2010030621084 and then preview and select clips from there..

Do not change the file structure or delete the extra metadata files (.xml files). I think the clips should reside in the CLPR folder so I assume you've created the Test01 folder...

Last edited by John Mitchell; March 6th, 2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: more info
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thx John...all sorted out now..
Thx for ur help for needy and dumb people like me. Ur help is much appreciated.
Reg,
Pushpa
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:20 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mitchell View Post
I'm no Premiere expert but you will need CS4 version for native XDcam ................
CS 3.2 also supports native XDcam.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds