DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   XDCAM EX Firmware Updates Available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/474251-xdcam-ex-firmware-updates-available.html)

Darren Ruddock August 6th, 2010 08:32 AM

Hi,

Is the upgrade for the EX1 only worth it if you are using other cards other than SxS cards?

Anthony McErlean August 6th, 2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony McErlean (Post 1556103)
I saw a video in youtube showing the upgrade process to Firmware Version 1.10.

I see on the youtube video that a message box came on screen about an EX3 network interface.
I take it you cancel this as the video shows.

Marcus Durham August 6th, 2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony McErlean (Post 1556124)
If it wasn't listed how did you know it needed a reboot Marcus?

The software prompted me. I then did what it asked and nothing happened followed by a horrible sinking feeling.

I rebooted again and, slowly, it came to life.

Alot of times during the process it appears as if nothing is happening and you need to be patient. If you are impatient, you will trash the upgrade.

Anthony McErlean August 6th, 2010 10:36 AM

Well I decided to carry out the firmware upgrade for the EX3

I am pleased to say that as far as i see... everything seamed to go OK.

A reboot during the upgrade then an OK to continue.
Then after a short while the upgrade was complete and click exit to finish.

The install window disappeared from the PC monitor but the red light was flashing at the back of the camera.
I switch the camera off for 30/40 seconds and switch it back on again and all seamed OK.

I have to do a bit of testing now but if it went OK it just sailed through it. There was no pause along the progress bar at 99.9 % that I've read about. It went really easy.
Unless Sony did something to the firmware since it was first released, I don't know.

Thanks Marcus for your support BTW.

Anthony McErlean August 6th, 2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony McErlean (Post 1556137)
I see on the youtube video that a message box came on screen about an EX3 network interface.

Nothing like that happen, just the EX3 upgrade screen.

Robert Bale August 23rd, 2010 10:20 PM

download link

Hi, sorry really dumb question, but cam someone post a download link for the update, i can not get the one t the start of this post to work. And is there and difference in the usa download to the UK download ??
ta.

John Peterson August 31st, 2010 05:15 PM

Hi, sorry really dumb question, but cam someone post a download link for the update, i can not get the one t the start of this post to work. And is there and difference in the usa download to the UK download ??

Sony | Micro Site - XDCAM EX

No difference AFAIK

John

John Peterson August 31st, 2010 06:56 PM

I am thinking of doing the upgrade from 1.11 to 1.20, but the instructions say that Windows XP with Service Pack 3 must be installed. Mine is Service Pack 2, but I have the .Net framework 3.5 installed as they required. Has anyone done the update with Windows XP SP2?

John

EDIT: I updated to SP3. If I don't like it I can always roll it back to SP2 at a later date.

John Peterson September 2nd, 2010 11:28 AM

OK,

So I updated from 1.11 to 1.20 and the update went flawlessly. I watched the video that Rob Lagerstrom posted here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...ailable-9.html Thanks Rob!

Then simply followed the excellent directions Sony included with the firmware download. Overall it was much easier than when I updated to 1.11

Did it on a Windows XP Home Laptop with SP3 and .Net Framework 3.5

I'll be testing some media that formerly did not work with the old firmware on the new firmware to see if indeed the update increased the compatiblity of more SDHC cards.

John

Ed Kukla September 27th, 2010 12:52 PM

All went well for me. EX-3 with Mac Leopard.
The first power up after the update is a VERY long wait!