Workflow for recovering accidentally deleted S x S cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Workflow for recovering accidentally deleted S x S cards

I've read the posts.

Who has a workflow for recovering accidentally deleted cards.
Pograms or recovery services.

Please save the "you should have backed up comments." thanks
Annen James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Data Recovery for SxS Memory Cards = NG

I've just been bit. I had a too busy and distracted Friday and didn't notice that my video file had been recorded over onto my second 8 gigabyte SxS card as well. I didn't check that the entire recording was there and so here on Monday I sent a panic email to our IT staff to see if there is any way to recover the lost file. I would be thrilled (and very grateful) to hear that there is some way of recovery, but our best IT guy looked at the card and says that the data is GONE. This has been a very expensive lesson for me. (OUCH!)
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Major Player

From what I have read in previous posts, the news is not terribly good. Most people have lost the data, whilst some (just a few) might have recovered something but not much and thinking about it, not necessarily from SxS cards. Sorry.

Are you in a financial position to invest in a nanoFlash? Big benefits including dual recordings. Just a thought and I know not everyone can have a nano.

I hope that your loss is manageable.

Best wishes.
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the condolences, David. It bites to lose video at the best of times. I suppose that I am fortunate that I don't have a paying customer ready to scream at me, but it was an important project nonetheless and while I won't get fired over the loss, it is no less frustrating and even humiliating. I am old enough to have had tape losses and am grateful to live in the fully digital non-linear age. I have never had a memory card failure so as usual I need to plan for the human element and ensure that my data transfer and back-up systems are followed to the letter each time. This time I missed the boat and lesson learned. (I hope!)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds