clip browser version - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 18th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #16
Major Player

Sounds like the old version hasn't been removed properly then. I wonder if it picks up the version info from the registry rather than version info held in the program files themselves (hence running the old code but showing the latest version).

When you say you did a "complete delete" what exactly did you do, step by step?

Maybe try uninstalling (using the app's uninstaller) and then navigating to the program directory to make sure it has been deleted properly. You need to check both the "program files" and "program files (x86)" directories. In fact, I wonder if that could be contributing to the problem - I wonder if the old app is being installed in the 32 bit directory and the new app is being installed in the 64bit directory. See what you have in both.

Personally, I would also check the registry to check all signs of the program have also been removed there, but this is a dangerous step unless you're happy using regedit.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #17
Major Player

I did use the uninstaller. Going beyond that is not in my usual capability, I don't do this often. I miss XP!
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #18
Major Player

I went back into this again.
Did an uninstall.
Then did a search of all files named Clip Browser, XDCAM or Sony. Deleted all recent files from hard drive connected to those names. Rebooted and reinstalled 2.6.
Still get the old version with new version number.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:13 AM   #19
Major Player

Sony support's answer is to do a roll back to before clip browser installation. That would work BUT...I installed CB first then installed many other programs and data. I will loose most if not all of that work and have to start over again.

I installed Wise Registry Cleaner. Did an uninstall and then ran the Registry Cleaner. Still no luck. also did a disc clean.

There has to be a solution besides the troublesome sony solution.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds