Need help: Getting the Sony Wide Angle Adapter at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PMW-300, PXW-X200, PXW-X180 (back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need help: Getting the Sony Wide Angle Adapter

I have a chance to get the Sony VCL-EX0877 0.8x Wide Angle adapter and my question is:

I have a EX3 with the 14x1 Fuji Lens that came with the camera...so will this adapter work on the stock Fuji lens?

thanks
William Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Major Player

don't see why it wouldn't fit. are you sure you want a Sony adapter?
check out this link:
http://www.schneideroptics.com/pdfs/...2010_Promo.pdf
Michael B. McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I have the Sony wide angle adapter and it's a very nice lens that allows zoom-thru. As I recall, it was about $400 from B&H. Some adapters do not allow zoom-thru. So check that out. The Sony lens is made to fit the 77mm front of the EX1 Fujinon lens, so if you have a 77mm front tread, it should work. The Century sale mentioned above is good but is still more expensive to the "equivalent" Sony glass with the similar adapter cost $950. I would use a Wide Angle far more than any telephoto adapter. You'll love it.
Frank Casanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Major Player

I'm with Michael-
The Century adapters are known for superior optics. I have the .6x and love it... very light and easy to carry in a pouch or pocket, and it does have limited zoom through. All the Century WA adapters have some limited zoom, the .75 will zoom all the way through.
Old April 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Another vote for the Schneider x.6 adapter, and with that promo price, it's a no-brainer....unless you HAVE to have zoom-thru capability. Also, does anybody know if the sunshade they list on that same promo page fit the x.6 lens for the EX-1? They imply that it fits the WA adapters for the "Panasonic & Sony NX5, Z5, Z7" but no mention of the WA adapter for the EX-1. Anybody have the OVS-SS05-00 sunshade on their EX-1 with the x.6 WA?
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds