Need EX3 to Nikon adapter fast - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 4th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Major Player

Luben, I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing out my error.

I did indeed purchase mine early on. It was around 300 pounds if I recall. Wish I would have waited a few months now it is a third of the price.

I am curious though with Mike Tapa's adapter if there would be problems accessing the blue iris control ring. Has anyone used one of the Tapa adapters with the iris ring?

-Andrew
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #17
Major Player

Mike has the best after market EX3 adapter ;)

Hello Andrew,

I do have it and its the best... one adapter all Nikon lenses... I have hold in my hand and used with EX3 only 2 adapters and you got the idea which one was the second ;-).... Mike's adapter is so easy to use and very easy to move with a finger on it. Also, he has a very small stop screw attached to the blue for a fixed iris or you could use it (the screw) for a opening and closing the iris. Very, very smooth. As you could see it the adapter has only the iris ring in blue. Everything else is as it supposed to be - black, just as your telephoto lens insight is.

Many people probably have tried to copy Mike's adapters, but, the reality is that out-there is only one Mike Tapa adapter.

Get it if you can Andrew. You would love it.

Cheers
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #18
Sponsor: MTF Services

Hi Luben, good to hear from you.
And I'm so glad that you are happy with the products that I design.

You are right, many people have been busy selling very similar "alternative" products while I have been busy designing more world firsts.
Such as our latest offering for Sony Alpha / Minolta lenses
The worlds first Sony Alpha/Minolta to EX3 adaptor

Regards
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Maybe this should be a separate thread, but, is the Alpha/Minolta to EX3 adaptor available yet? Where could we get it stateside? Vortex?
Ed Przyzycki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #20
Major Player

Also should be a separate thread.... but Mike: any progress on a Canon EF adapter yet?
Old June 7th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #21
Sponsor: MTF Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Przyzycki View Post
Maybe this should be a separate thread, but, is the Alpha/Minolta to EX3 adaptor available yet? Where could we get it stateside? Vortex?
Hi Ed.
The first batch are being made now and should be available in a week or two.
As soon as they are ready, I will ship a few over to my dealers AbelCine and ZGC.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds