Sony/Sandisk SxS Cards for Lenovo S10 Fail to Read at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony/Sandisk SxS Cards for Lenovo S10 Fail to Read

Greetings,

Has anyone experienced issues with either Sony 16gb or Sandisk 16gb SxS cards failing to mount or show up on their Lenovo S10 mini-laptop ? I bought one to make traveling much lighter - just to offload to Lacie Rugged HD's. The Lenovo will only recognize a Sony 8gb SxS card - but nothing else.

I have downloaded both the Sandisk SxS driver and the Sony SxS driver software - as well as ClipBrowser 2.6 -- but 16gb cards are still not recognized.

Appreciate it if anyone experiencing this type of issue - and resolved same - to contact me asap as I leave on extended trip in just 2 weeks. Thanks.

Russ Gutshall
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:10 AM   #2
Major Player

issues with sxs in express card slot

Resurrecting this thread:

I bought myself a windows PC to use as a travelling "cheap" laptop to offload SXS cards. Weird thing is that the e-films e-LCR cards are read in the express card slot fine but the SXS cards are not. I installed the sxs driver off the sony site but no luck. Anyone solved this sort of issue?
Damian Heffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Insert Sony SxS card into the Express/34 slot
Check "Device Manager" - under Disk Drives you should see "Sony SxS" there.
if not you will need to re-install the Sony SxS driver.

On the Express/34 slot, it has PCIe & USB connects. IF you installed SxS driver correctly and the computer didn't see the SxS card (can read "e-films e-LCR cards" = USB interface) , problem could be the PCIe interface failed.
Tuy Le is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds