Blirr video when zooming out, semi ok when close. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 24th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Tourist

Blirr video when zooming out, semi ok when close.

This is my first post & I need help please.
I purchased the EX3 a month ago. I did 2 minutes shooting of my niece, zooming in & out everything was very sharp & clean.

Today I was shooting a wedding in our family. I believe I must have done some thing wrong, if you do close up the picture is ok in sharpness but when zooming out the picture is blurry.
I replayed my nieces clip & found out that it was also doing the same as being out of focus when zooming out. Please help, what did I do wrong?
Ray Samuels
Ray Samuels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You need to redo your FB adjustment (Back Focus). Check the manual, it's the first item on the lens menu.

Kind regards
Old April 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #3
Tourist

Ex3

When the EX3 is new, do you have to perform the BF on the lens or does it come all done from the factory?
Thanks.
Ray Samuels
Old April 26th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #4
Major Player

It is done in the factory, but in this case it looks like you'll need to do it again. Possibly (since you judged it fine when shooting your niece) you accidentally put it out. Always check BF when you change a lens.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #5
Tourist

Transfering DATA from EX3 to PC....

Hi friends,,,
What is the best way to transfer the data from the EX3 to the PC. Please do mention if there is special connectors or converter boxes that I need to purchase.
Thanks in advance.
Ray Samuels
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #6
Vortex Media

Ray, that is a question that cannot be answered in a few sentences. You might find this 3-hour EX3 training DVD to be of help in all areas of operating the camera and dealing with the workflow.

Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #7
Inner Circle

The camera is connected to the PC using a standard USB cable and then you can use the Sony Clip Browser software to copy the files to the PC's hard drive. How you get the files into your edit application will depend on which software you are using, but most now have some kind of import function for XDCAM EX. You don't need any special hardware.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds