HD wireless transmitting and receiving at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 6th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #1
Major Player

HD wireless transmitting and receiving

I have a client who wants an event shot live, and shown on a plasma in the room. Has anyone had experience with this--

IDX CW-5HD Cam Wave HD Wireless Transmitter / Receiver System :: Wireless Monitoring :: Monitoring :: Rental Equipment :: Abel Cine Tech

I will be using a Sony EX3. The transmitter evidently takes a SDI out using a BNC connector.
The receiver is AC power supplied with a SDI out, so a converter box is needed to be able to have HDMI or component out to the set.

If anyone has used this system before I would be grateful for any info about things to watch out for and tips.
Jim
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have!

I have used this system and been very happy with it. I have used it as a client monitoring solution when filming in locations where I need to be able to shoot 360 degrees with no video village in sight. I was able to mount it onto the EX3 using a Sony to V mount adapter and then used a V mount battery to power both the camera and the transmitter, clean and easy. (Such as IDX System Technology, the A-E2EX3 V-Mount adapter) The cool thing is that the receiver can be mounted away from the monitor for better reception (closer to the transmitter) and connected with a BNC run, but I'm not sure about audio?
Dana Kupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks....you didn't do audio then?

The monitor I will be using does not have a BNC in so I imagine I will have to get a converter box.
Abel cine told me that audio will be included on the SDI out, so it sends out both video and audio,
I thought it just video only but I have never used the SDI before.

Last edited by Jim Forrest; May 6th, 2010 at 11:11 AM.
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I can't remember how we did audio... I didn't spend a lot of time back where the monitor was, ha ha! I know that it does transmit sound as well as picture, but I'm not sure how that was configured. Sorry!
Dana Kupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Major Player

FYI, audio goes over the SDI connection and works perfectly. What you need is a converter to HDMI or Component WITH audio as well. Then you're good. I believe Blackmagic Design has converters like that.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds