Advice on matching EX1 to a Canon XLH1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 12th, 2010, 06:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Advice on matching EX1 to a Canon XLH1

Hi - I did a search and found a really useful thread on comparing the two cameras, which was a year old, so I hope it's ok to put up this as a new thread.

I have to do a two-cam event shoot and match a Canon XLH1 with my Sony EX1 as far as possible. Can you help.

EITHER

Can you help with generic picture settings to get the EX1 as close as possible to the Canon?

OR

Can you get the Sony EX1 picture settings as close as possible to these settings used by the Canon guy:

blacks 'press'
knee 'low'
gamma - cine1
pedestal - -5
set-up level -6
sharpness +4
coring (noise reduction) 6
colour matte - cine2
colour gain -2
red 2 points of gain
blue drop 2 points of gain

Further question - he tends to use the AV setting - is there an equivalent approach that works with the EX1? (I tend to use full manual)

Many thanks for any advice or help. Cheers, Ben

I am aware that the first post will tell me to get both cameras with test cards and a broadcast monitor - I'm sorry, that's not possible in this case, so any advice on a quick fix will be welcomed.
Ben Bruges is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds