Colour - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM   #16
Major Player

Zsolt,

In fairness to Perrone , he has spent a lot of time freely helping anyone who asks for it including myself so when he said he was busy I am sure he was and is. That's why I read through the thread and posted the links for the OP even though I don't use those PP myself.

Could the PP thread be more succinct? Yes. Can anyone that feels like taking the responsibility to condense it do so. Again, yes. Am I suggesting that anyone in particular do it? No. At some point someone will I am sure.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:31 AM   #17
Major Player

John,

in a response to this below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post

If you'd like something more succinct, I think we would all welcome someone culling out the pertinent information and starting a new thread with just that.

Let us know when it's ready, ok? ;)
... I have posted the thread and referred to two members who took the effort and collected the PP-s. The collections can be found in that thread.

Perrone, I can't see why you had to take this personal - the PP sticky has become huge with a lot of irrelevant posts, even ramblings - therefore useless and impractical.

Perhaps its just a dozen users who have found the new thread with the concentrated information as it is not a sticky, but I am certain that only a dozen (including you) would prefer reading a thread that is close to the size of the Encyclopedia Britannica just to find a few settings.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:59 AM   #18
Major Player

... I have posted the thread and referred to two members who took the effort and collected the PP-s. The collections can be found in that thread.

Thanks for doing that Zsolt.

I don't see it though. Can you post a link to it?

Thaks,

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:50 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsolt Gordos View Post
Perrone, I can't see why you had to take this personal - the PP sticky has become huge with a lot of irrelevant posts, even ramblings - therefore useless and impractical.
I didn't take it personally. Not at all. It's just disappointing, and perhaps you can't understand that.

When a person or a group of people take a lot of time and effort to learn something, spend time sharing what they've learned, argue about what they've learned to really flesh it out, it represents a significant investment to them.

When someone comes along with the attitude of "well I don't care about all your work and effort, just give me the fruits of your labor, thanks, goodbye" it can really rub people the wrong way. These forums are about sharing information, and helping others. I enjoy that, as well as a good spirited debate from time to time. But the entire process is cheapened by lazy people who choose to bring nothing to the board, just come here as if it's a free resource for their personal use, do not engage in any of the tools of learning, don't attempt to help anyone else, and have no respect for the hard work of others.

It's a growing trend in the google/wikipedia generation. It's a "we want everything for nothing and we want it now" mentality. Illustrative of the problem, is this thread in question. While some of the posts went off topic, some of them fleshed out important things NEAR the topic that might be cut out if it was "just the numbers". Many people felt that information was important because it gives context. But lazy people aren't interested in context. They just want the numbers. And when they get their "data" without getting the "information" they have poor results and say the camera is crap and badmouth where they got their "data" from.

There is a reason these cameras have so many adjustments. They are all there for a reason. And learning not only what they do, but WHY they do it, is the not the kind of thing you can get from copying numbers in a picture profile.

Does that make sense?
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post

Thanks for doing that Zsolt.

I don't see it though. Can you post a link to it?

Thaks,

John
Sure, its here again:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...ky-thread.html

In the posts there are quite some PP-s quoted and on the 2nd page there is a text file attached with a PP collection.
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
...... lazy people aren't interested in context. They just want the numbers. And when they get their "data" without getting the "information" they have poor results and say the camera is crap and badmouth where they got their "data" from.

There is a reason these cameras have so many adjustments. They are all there for a reason. And learning not only what they do, but WHY they do it, is the not the kind of thing you can get from copying numbers in a picture profile.

Does that make sense?
Yes, it does. I am lazy, I google and wiki and love to have data to get results yet I don't have any problem with learning. But learning in a school where some kids always interrupt the class, let alone teachers who sometimes are secretive about the stuff they are teaching might not be the best way how to end up in Harvard.

And I would be the biggest fool on earth if I was to admit that I had spent over 6500 bucks for a piece of crap.
Old May 24th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #22
Vortex Media

Quote:
Does that make sense?
It sure does. Good post.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds