Sony PMW-EX1r CMU & Clip browser versus Adobe CX5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 16th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony PMW-EX1r CMU & Clip browser versus Adobe CX5

I sent this email to Sony Tech Support May 14th should get a reply by May 18th.

David

Adobe has introduced Creative Suite Production Premium CS5. It is a 64 bit only application. This necessitates certain additional versions to your CMU software as follows:

PMW EX1r:

New CMU and Clip Browser software for 64bit.

NX5:
New CMU software for 64bit.
Additionally, many new adopters of this camera are wedding photographers, these are the ones more severely bothered by Flash-Banding. Please contact the NX5 Product Manager, to get him to adapt and adopt in both 32bit and 64bit a form of the anti Flash-Banding software found in the EX1r Clip Browser's software. On a personal note, and only my opinion, I think that most of the NX5 users would be even willing to pay a nominal amount for this extra service.

Please let me know the result of your contacts and when approximately we can expect all of these additional versions and upgrades.

Thanks,

David
David B. Monier-Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #2
New Boot

Anti-Flash-Banding

I got a receipt of my email from the Tech Dept yesterday. They passed it on to the Product manager.

I await an answer with bated breath.

David
David B. Monier-Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds