EX3 vs EX1r as 2nd Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 20th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #1
Trustee

EX3 vs EX1r as 2nd Camera

I have an EX1 and need to rent another camera again. This time, I am considering the EX3 so I can keep both cameras in sync; however, the EX3 costs more to rent. With the EX1 I rented, I transferred the settings info from my EX1, but I read somewhere that the EX3 is slightly different; so, it doesn't allow the settings xfer. Is this true?

Is there any benefit of using an EX3 versus an EX1 or EX1r? If I rent the EX3, I will most likely use it as my main camera for this concert-type event with my Varizoom Pro zoom controller, which I assume works with the EX3.

Thanks
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #2
Major Player

The EX1 suf file will not work in the EX3 but you can tap your settings into the EX3 AFIK.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Bruce is right, I've used an EX3 several times as a second and manually adjusted picture profile setting to match and saw no difference in post.
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds