SxS OK with Snow Leopard yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 26th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Trustee

SxS OK with Snow Leopard yet?

Have the problems with SxS cards and Snow Leopard been solved yet?
Is there any reason for me (user of Ex-1 , Canon DSLR and FCP ) not to upgrade?
Do you guys know if its OK to upgrade to Final Cut Studio 3 (with FCP7) and still stay in the old Leopard?

Thanks I know this isn't a post forum but most of you chaps do edit some.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Trustee

XDCAM Transfer and SxS cards play nice with Snow Leopard now, just ensure you're getting the latest version which... I don't have right now.

FCS3 (FCP7) is absolutely fine with the plain old Leopard.

I have two MacBook Pro 17"s, one on Snow, one on Plain (which is my main machine). Trouble is that the Snow Leopard machine's hard disk has gone phut in the last week so I can't fire it up to give you the details of the XDCAM Transfer install that was working perfectly on it.

I've held off upgrading my main machine to Snow Leopard because I practice the "do not upgrade during a project" maxim, and haven't had the two days clear to do the job properly and cannot risk the down time of not doing it properly, but let me assure you that I want to be on Snow rather than Plain. The Snow machine is older/slower than the main machine but FCS just seemed snappier on it.
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

XDCAM Transfer 2.11 and whatever the latest SxS drivers are work on my Snow Leopard just fine.
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

XDCAM Transfer is now at version 2.12 and XDCAM EX Clip Browser at version 2.6 for Snow Leopard.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds