hvr-mrc1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 28th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

hvr-mrc1

Hi,

tomorrow I have an important event to shoot an the EX1 were I must make everything possible to not lose any footage. A second camcorder is not possible at that location. I have an MRC1 from a Z7 available.
As the final result for this production is a DVD, I am planning to shoot at SP 1080/50i. In this mode, I can hook my MRC1 to the firewire port of the EX1. I did a quick test and it seems to work like a charm. Even start/stop is synchronized with the MRC1. So, for the rare case an SXS card would fail, I would still have the CF card. I have seen that there is a post from 2008 where someone did a quick test with an MRC1. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has already used this workflow and if any problems have occured ?

Bye,
David Arendt
David Arendt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds