Getting SD composite out of the EX1/EX3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 8th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Getting SD composite out of the EX1/EX3?

Can you get SD composite out of the BNC connector on the EX1?

Can you get it out of the BNC on the EX3?

Thanks!
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

George, the BNC on the EX-1 is actually an HD-SDI port. The only composite output would be through the cable adapter via the output under the side handle.

You also need to enable SD output in the menu.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Is that the same for the EX3 do you know?

Need to rent something for next week and this is why I'm asking. Want to be able to use my trusty
Sony SD CRT monitor for the job.
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Major Player

The BNC monitor out on the EX3 works for that. I've used it many times to feed a live truck, and a couple of times to check what SD looks like on a CRT.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Trustee

On the Right side of the EX3 (right side when looking at it from behind) there is the Monitor port. that feeds a composite SD. I use this to give live feeds during shows while still using the HD-SDI to feed a nonoFlash and the component out to feed my HD monitor.

HD-SDI and Monitor are BNC and the Component out is the Sony mini plug that comes with the camera.

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #6
Major Player

If you don't mind a black and white image you can use the Green lead of the component out for a relatively HI-Res image.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds