Clip Browser failing - and not letting me know?! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 18th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Przyzycki View Post
Iván, could you check one clip in question to see if the file size (in bytes) of the file that you copied to your destination hard drive exactly matches the file size from your original media? I would suspect that Clip Browser doesn't report any copy errors if the file sizes are the same.

Another test would be to copy the problematic file to another physical drive - to confirm it's not some sort of performance issue with one specific drive. (Maybe the actual clip itself is fine - but the specific drive speed/bandwith is the issue- especially if it's failing)

Maybe it's possible that the original copy was in fact "ok", but some other corruption to the file occured after the transfer?

There wouldn't be anything else suddenly interfering with playback from the drive (virus checker, updated playback software, hard-drive setting change, etc)? You never know when some OS automatically updates some driver or something. (I keep mine disabled)
Hello Ed: the files are exactly the same size.

I finally found out it was a problem with my hard drive. I don't know if it's possible what you say about the file getting corrupt afterwards...

I don't think playback interference is the problem, because it's very determined, not random or sporadic or happening with every clip indistinctly.

Thanks!

Ivan.
Ivan Gomez Villafane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds