DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   how to repair BPAV/CLPR folder files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/481434-how-repair-bpav-clpr-folder-files.html)

Marius Boruch July 5th, 2010 06:07 PM

how to repair BPAV/CLPR folder files

2 Attachment(s)
My SDHC caqrd crashed but I managed to retrieve two crashed folders; it looks like video files exist BUT they will not play or be recognized in any player (incl. VLC) or imported to Vegas. It looks like some other files in the folder are corrupted (SMIL????) how to fix it? how to edit those respective additional files in CLPR folder;
thanks in advance
(see pictures with folders content)

Piotr Wozniacki July 6th, 2010 01:33 AM

Mariusz,

Just a thought, but:

- copy the mp4 onto your HDD somewhere
- use ClipBrowser to IMPORT them

If they're OK, CB should recreate the remaining files and create valid BPAVs for you.

Marius Boruch July 6th, 2010 03:15 AM

I tried and it didn't work; it look like there is some problem with mp4 files itself; how to fix them?

Craig Seeman July 6th, 2010 07:16 AM

You tried them and they failed?

Aero Quartet: Video gets Personal on your Mac

I'm a bit skeptical but if they can't do it, it's unlikely it can be done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius Boruch (Post 1545569)
thanks but unfortunately it didn't help; anyone has some other ideas???

Marius Boruch July 6th, 2010 03:24 PM

thanks Craig; I am PC not MAC

Craig Seeman July 6th, 2010 03:34 PM

Given the urgency you might borrow a friend's Mac and test.

Marius Boruch July 6th, 2010 04:14 PM

I will, thanks a lot again

Marius Boruch July 8th, 2010 12:51 PM

Craig,
I went to my friend and we tried the software on MAC; it didn't allow me to recover the file BUT it showed a message that it is 90% retrievable...and asked to send the file to main company for processing; kind of stange trick I thought so we tried same procedure with perfectly OK files in BPAV folder and...........it showed SAME 90% probability message. At this point it makes me think what is going on....

Benoit Joossen July 10th, 2010 01:41 AM

Regarding Aero Quartet's Treasured:
- it's a diagnostic app, the repair is done through a program that Aero Quartet needs to develop. That's why you need to send the file (indeed a small fragment of it)
- Didn't Treasured show you some still frames from the damaged file? That's why you get 90%.
- XDCAM EX MP4 files are not playable on Mac with QuickTime, even good ones, that's why a good file also gives you the same probability message. Treasured just assumed it's a bad file and does a diagnostic. There's no trick here.

BJ

Marius Boruch July 10th, 2010 02:27 AM

Benoit,
I sent you (ftp'd) my file 3 days ago (following instructions on you web site )and still haven't heard from you...... is this how long it takes to analyze it?
check you ftp folder.
btw. I am rooting for Spain in World Cup.

Olakunle Olanrewaju July 10th, 2010 01:28 PM

Benoit,

I am working on my file to be sent to you any moment from now, I hope it doesnt get delayed.
btw. you can relaz the octopus has already picked spain to win.

Matt Davis July 11th, 2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius Boruch (Post 1545569)
anyone has some other ideas???

I have been using Calibrated Software's plugins for FCP, but there's PC versions too:

Calibrated Software

Basically, it means you can work directly with the MP4 files buried deep in the BPAV structure, the rest of the files are just wrapping that can be discarded.

I had to do an FTP download of a BPAV folder shot by somebody else. It hadn't been zipped, so I'd have had to download each and every file in the whole tree individually and recreate the structure. Luckily, I had CalibratedQ installed, so just downloaded the 'nude' MP4s and got to work on it straight away.

Be warned - it's so logical and transparent that one can forget it's an external plug-in when you switch machines. :)

Craig Seeman July 11th, 2010 12:07 PM

Matt, in his case VLC or Vegas, which should handle the .mp4 directly, does not, so it's those files that are corrupted. If it's only the metadata that corrupted Calibrated would be a good solution.

Olakunle Olanrewaju July 13th, 2010 10:19 AM

Benoit,

I sent the files 2 days ago, treasured show 95% how soon can I get feed back on those files.

Thanks