how to PLAY raw mp4 without smil and xml files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Major Player

how to PLAY raw mp4 without smil and xml files

My SDHC card crashed but I was able to recover some of them; I have files in my folder and I believe that raw mp4 file is OK but all of those xml and smil files are corrupted; how the h... to play that "orphaned" mp4 files without all these other files????
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Trustee

I never had any trouble just playing raw MP4 files. The other files are only metadata and are not essential to the video content.

Are you saying that you cannot play MP4 files? What are you doing and what kind of error are you seeing?
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #3
Major Player

in clpr folder there are always 5 files- one is your mp4 and 4 others are files with extensions: xml, smil, ppn and bmi and these are describing all parameters for players, vegas etc, etc. and these 4 files are corrupted in my case but large mp4 shows a few GB so I hope it could be salvaged.
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Trustee

Repeating: Are you saying that you cannot play MP4 files? What are you doing and what kind of error are you seeing?
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Major Player

In VEgas : "file must be corrupted or unknown format"
Old July 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Is this messages displayed when you just drop a "solo" mp4 onto the timeline, or when you try to import using the Vagas Device Explorer?

If the latter is the case, and the "other" files are indeed corrupted, you'll be unable to import.

However - provided your mp4 file is fine - dropping it on the timeline should work. Such a file ("solo" - i.e. without any files accompanying it inside a CLPR folder) should also play just fine in VLC.

If it doesn't, it's corrupted as well.
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #7
Major Player

thanks Piotr;
unfortunately it doesn't play or import so now I am trying to find best and most efficient way to retrieve it from corrupted state; any ideas; Recuva will not help
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Try using the "Import" function of clip browser to import the mp4 files. This should then recreate the XML files etc.

Yet another SDHC failure. The EX is designed to work with SxS cards, SDHC should only be used as a last resort IMHO.
Old July 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Boruch View Post
play that "orphaned" mp4 files without all these other files????
Calibrated Software

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/MP4EXImport_Win.asp

May help.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds