Sony PMW-350K test reel at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 6th, 2010, 04:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony PMW-350K test reel

I've had the above camera now for over a month and my nanoflash unit (finally) arrived yesterday.
Here is a test reel of the Sony PMW-350K in various modes and lighting situations taken throughout Australia's Northern Territory in the last few weeks. As I haven't had time to play with the settings much I've used Alistair Chapman's "Rich" scene file throughout, I hope you like the images.

It's a large HD file which is also downloadable (in excess of 500mb.) Will post more after I get the nanoflash up and running

Chris Tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Looks pretty good to me!
All with the stock lens?
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes Steve, all shot on the supplied Fujinon 16X, the images are actually much cleaner than Vimeo can reproduce (of course).

Once I get a nice wide angle I'll be happy. I'm also looking forward to trying out the electronic doubler when it comes out (in a few months?), not likely to use it on 32X but it might be acceptable at something lower if really required.
Chris Tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Very nice images! Great sunset and moonlight shots! It looks like amazing country.
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

It is Reid, yes I'm very blessed to live here. A bit like the wild west really. My backyard, the Northern Territory, is almost exactly twice the size of Texas, but has a population of just 250,000 people. From jungle in the North to desert in the South, it's a nice place to own a good camera!
Chris Tangey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds