Best Methods to setup PP for ex1r, z7u, v1u... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 6th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best Methods to setup PP for ex1r, z7u, v1u...

I am trying to get my cameras to match as best as possible. I like the Pd PP setting on our z7u.
My question is what would be the best method to setup a Picture Profile for all three of these cameras to match. I realize the cmos size difference, but I am having a hard time with what to do in my picture profiles to set each camera up for different lighting conditions and have them give similar results.

Any advice on what color chart to use, and how would I use the vector scope with adobe on location to get a more accurate setting.

Thanks.

George
George Sickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #2
Major Player

George,

You will need to get a calibration chart from DSC to do it properly although you can get part of the way there by shooting calibrated color bars (see Wolfgang's website link below). The ChromaDuMonde one is considered the variety to use. You can find a here that will show them to you with some explanation towards the bottom of the page. They are not cheap but essential.

ChromaDuMonde

Here is another page of a guy who explains how he calibrated one of his prosumer cameras. This person's findings were a part of a discussion here on DVinfo a couple of years ago...

JVC HD100 Calibration

Also you should thoroughly read the Picture Profiles thread. Bill Ravens goes into a lot of detail about what he did to set up his EX1 and recently Wolfgang Winne did a thorough explanation of how he set up his camera but his website is in German. You can use a translation engine to get the gist of what he did. Very worthwhile in my view. Here's a link to the start of the Picture Profile thread.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...e-recipes.html
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds